Pre-heresy World Eaters

pbwill

So I'm getting ready to start work on a new army, but my girl friend says I have to get rid of one I have before I can start on a new one. It's a fair request since I have so many armies that I'm running out of space. I've decided to part ways with my pre-heresy World Eaters.

Before I do that I decided to publicize their existence so that I'll have something to look back at later. Their development started with the release of the Blood Angels codex. It seemed the best book for this counts-as army. Keep in mind that these were started before much of the nifty Forge World pre-heresy stuff was released, though I did integrate many parts from Forge World as they were released.

Unit choices were based off what would be fun to model. The 1500pt force consists of:

HQ

Khârn the Betrayer (counts as Gabriel Seth)

Elites

Apothecary (counts as Sanguinary Priest)

Contemptor Dreadnought (count as Furioso/Death Company Dread)

Troops

15 Tactical marines

10 Assault marines

10 Berserkers (counts as Death Company)

Rhino/Razorback

2 Drop Pods

HV Support

5 Devastators

Predator

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

The Apothecary's backpack is magnetized so he can have a jump pack

IMG_0005.JPG

Squad Sergeants- Tactical and Assault

IMG_0006.JPG

Devastator and Berserker

IMG_0008.JPG

Next up are the assault marines- in MK5 armor

IMG_0009.JPG

in MK4 and MK6

IMG_0010.JPG

The tactical marines- In MK5

IMG_0012.JPG

in MK4

IMG_0013.JPG

in MK3 and MK6

IMG_0014.JPG

The berserkers- MK5

IMG_0015.JPG

MK3 and MK4

IMG_0017.JPG

All the berserkers are magnetized as well so they can use jump packs

IMG_0018.JPG

The devastators have magnetized arms for multiple weapon options

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

The MK1 rhino kit is from Chapterhouse Studios

IMG_0024.JPG

I'm especially proud of the heat stain on the assault cannon barrels

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

The predator uses sponsons from the IG Marcharius

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

This is a great world eaters army - I'm keen to do a pre/heresy era word bearers along the same lines - hadn't thought of using the BA codex, so maybe I'll check it out.

Great models and painting too - can I ask what size magnets you used to the arm & backpack swaps as I'd like to do the same for mk 4 + 5 FW minis.

Thanks for the compliments guy. It shows that the hard work has paid off. I enjoy converting a lot more then painting now, so it can be hard to finish a project.

I'll plan on taking some glamour shots of the army in a light box before I sell it, and with the Horus Heresy book releasing soon it seems like a good time.

The magnets are all 1/8" diameter. The thickness varies based on application with 1/16" as the thickest. Amazingmagnets.com is the way to go. My $30 order has lasted me over a year.

As a big fan of mkV armour and pre Heresy stuff I applaud your work sir! This is top notch! I wish I could meet you in the field of battle with my Consecrators (pre Heresy DAs?)

This is very inspiring stuff indeed! Love the Contemptor, great movement there! How can you part with this force?

Archived