The unloved child... Predator box variants?

.Torch.

Ever since 6th came out my Chaos Dakka Pred (AC/HB/Havok) has seen plenty of action, I doesn't disappoint either, having taken out transports, dreadnoughts and is exceptional against hammernators. With the new codex I can even give it warpfire gargoyles (soul blaze on ALL weapons) for a paltry 5 points.

I used to run a TLLC/HB pred but it never managed anything before getting killed. Whilst the TLLC/LC variant appeals, it's too much buck for the bang IMHO, especially as a havok squad with 4 lascannons is now just 155pts, and is much more survivable (particularly if given the mark of nurgle for 15 more points).

With the increase in cost of the Defiler, I may be replacing it with a AC/LC pred, again with warpfire gargoyles, which should give me a great all-rounder to flesh out my back line.

Laterz...

• 2 weeks later...
Chaos tri las preds are actually decently costed at 140 IMO. Also I didn't see this mentioned much but moving and firing changes of 6th actually make the tllc turret more appealing, along with the generally higher av of 6th edition Mech choices.

The Tri-Las is now worth its points I think, considering it can both reliably take down AV13+ all armor and reliably kill a good deal of of 2+ models.

These are boths very important in the 6th Edition meta.

I plan on running one Baal and one Tri-las (Annihilator Pattern IIIRC) for my Blood Angels, especially considering they'll be Fast.

Although I normally favour the tri-las for it's 'guaranteed' punch against powerful targets, this thursday I ran the Autocannon with las-sponsons variant (due to lack of points)

It did really well in honesty, and took down a necron command barge and some immortals before it got pwned by 3 night scythes :P

Does it's job for 120 points, which in this case was to deal with powerful vehicles at long range. I even hit a night scythe with one of the lascannons but failed to pen or glance (rolled a 1 :tu: )

I love my Auto/HB preds for what I use them for. Intimidation. AV13 tank can make people nervous and I want them to focus them while my typhoons, melta dread, and pod-guards are dismantling your armor and chewing up your infantry.

Then if you ignore them, they are taking out light transports/skimmers, infantry, or throwing an odd glance on a flyer.

For 85 points, I don't mind if they take one for the team.

• 3 weeks later...
I actually like running 3 basic preds. Just a simple auto cannon works great for all around duty and av 13 makes it surprisingly durable. Not bad for only 180 pts for 3. The only downside is you burn all your heavy slots but I lean towards tacs and fast attacks anyway. They're the quintessential vanilla marine unit. Nothing great but nothing bad either and downright reliable!

Archived