New version of DoA list

Shaggy12009

Since 6th hit, I've been toying with a decent of angels list for the new edition with some success. The list I'm running is two units of sanguinary guard, Dante with 10 assualt marines packing meltas, and two stormravens in reserve. My deployment is a furioso, Baal, and two independent multimelta attack bikes. The units on the table hide and take a limited role for a turn. When the reserves enter, everything rushes to engage. The dread moves and runs towards an objective to clear off whatever scoring unit tries to claim. The ravens move to decimate the backfield before dropping their payload of 2+ armored scoring units on objectives. Dante and his squad make quick work of heavy vehicles and are surprisingly hard to kill making them a great decoy. This army may not sound like much, but I've had a string of wins, a few ties, and no losses yet.

Now that the new FAQs say that any unit embarked in a transport that must start in reserve don't count for your 50% reserve limit, I'm thinking of putting the furioso and guard in the ravens leaving only Dante and his unit counting as reserved. If I put the Baal in reserve to outflank as well, that leaves the two attack bikes on the table. Two units on the table, three in reserve plus the fliers.

The question is how well I can hide the attack bikes so I don't get tabled on turn one. They are a small enough target and I can place a LoS blocking piece of terrain near a back corner to make me want to try it, but it's risky. Does fortune really favor the brave or is this a recipe for disaster?

Any guy with 2 drop pods will table you almost surely - else it's very much depending on terrain. I wouldn't play it like that, but it depends on your opponents ;P

edit:/ Also, I really miss sanguinary priests. They make SG so much more survivable, I'd always include 1 or 2 in this list.

Even then, I think its illegal if you just start the attack bikes. 2 on the table, 3 in reserve - it has to be the other way around. Either that or I misread the rulebook - I thought it rounded down rather than up. Reserving everything is a recipe for disaster...it only took me two turns to table 25 Grey Knights and their rhino (before Draigo and his paladin filled raven arrived), so two attack bikes should be relatively easy for several armies. Some it will work against (thinking nids, possibly orks), but against anyone who can alpha you're up a certain creek without a certain implement.

Ok I get that it's a bad idea, and I'd agree. That's why I asked. Given that list, what would you deploy?

Even then, I think its illegal if you just start the attack bikes. 2 on the table, 3 in reserve - it has to be the other way around. Either that or I misread the rulebook - I thought it rounded down rather than up.

I didn't see where it said you round either way. Just make the groups as even as possible.

One last thing, I really didn't get into BA before the new edition so my collection is my army plus some extra assualt marines. I know priests are a good idea, just haven't gotten around to picking any up yet let alone fitting them into my army.

Archived