Sanguinor mace encarmine

DominicJ

I think that if you use him as an IC hunter, just issuing challenges you will do well enough. The main problem is, as you said, the AP4 - and the fact that 2+ saves (and 3+ kindof) will just weather the storm and then hit back. This is amazing against horde armies (as they practically never have > 4+ saves) and pretty good against a lot of weaker HQs. If you attack any SM HQ (other than Mephy or bikes) you get 6 s8 i6 attacks on the charge. WS8, meaning it will almost always be 3+ to hit. So you will get 4 hits, 3-4 wounds, and then unless they have 2+ they will probably miss one. I think it is a very interesting idea, and could work well. I think if you are going to take the sanguinor this is a good way to do it. Its certainly better than giving an i1 weapon that completely negates a big advantage of his, or giving him s5 ap3... because except against marines he will shred armor anyway. And, you have other squads for that. Its not a bad idea, and it also allows him to wreck tanks... just a thought. Interesting idea, if I get him I may use it.

So is the current trend on the BA forums that Glaive Encarmines can be anything as opposed to the FAQ that suggests that they are only axe or swords?

Sword or axe only is what i thought, apparently the SG can choose between those and spear/mace as well but im not sure about that.

-edit- i should say that Sanguinor can choose between all of them IRC but that SG can only be axe/sword and HG can have all four choices available.

So is the current trend on the BA forums that Glaive Encarmines can be anything as opposed to the FAQ that suggests that they are only axe or swords?

Only the people posting so far... the rest of us are simply tired of arguing :P

I think it's a bit of dick move trying to take anything other than Axe or Sword on sanguinary guard, and I really doubt most tournaments would let you get away with a Sanguinor using anything other than a sword.

The FAQ NEVER re-words or changes any of the rules in the codex, this specific question and its answer are SOLELY limited to the interpretation of that answer and how to implement it.

As such glaives are listed in the codex as POWER WEAPONS, not POWER SWORDS or POWER AXES as there is no change to this rule we can conclude that yes lances and mauls are perfectly viable in accordance with the rules on pg 61 of the brb.

Arguments are done answer above!

Though I do think that modelling sanguinor with anything other than a sword is potentially cheeky.

The FAQ is not entirely clear on this, in my opinion. I asked the question, specifically about axes or swords and they specifically answered about Axes and Swords. Based on the discussion that has ensued, I'm sure the next FAQ will either include MAces/Spears or 100% say Glaives are swords/axes.

Now, I still see no rules source that says what kind of Glaive the Sanguinor has. If Glaive can be axes or swords or if they can be power weapons, what rules source says he has a Glaive Sword?

Archived