Let's talk about Ravenwing Attack Squadron

Varizel

Greetings brother,

As of this moment i am ramping my Ravenwing after somewhat done with deathwing and battle company... I was just wondering in 6th edition now... is a full RAS finally be worth it? I'm thinking that finally now that the Landspeeder Tornado that comes with RAS can outflank... it might be pretty sweet to come from the side and blasting stuffs up.. I know that Typhoon is still awesome sauce for the pts we paid them for, but will a Tornado on RAS will finally be worth it? So what you guys think ? Anybody has any experience with a full RAS on 6th?

I'm thinking that finally now that the Landspeeder Tornado that comes with RAS can outflank... it might be pretty sweet to come from the side and blasting stuffs up..

Say what? Which rule change did I overlook that allows that?

I don't think the speeders have the scout rule either. As awesome as the ravenwing are, they're still too expensive. Every rule that 6th gave them was also given to every other bike in 40k. I've got my fingers crossed for skilled rider in the next codex though!

Damn that kinda sucks for the landspeeder. So basically it just there to held up the whole squad then since it practically prevents them from outflanking.... and the LS don't have scout thus not having jink on the first turn.

Damn that kinda sucks for the landspeeder. So basically it just there to held up the whole squad then since it practically prevents them from outflanking.... and the LS don't have scout thus not having jink on the first turn.

Even with Scout they wouldn't have Jink on the first game turn, the Scout move is a "redeployment" not a "move" and further it's not done in a movement phase, it's a long way from satisfying the requirements for Jink

Archived