South African National Tournament 2012

Morticon

Heya guys, so for those of you that frequent the list building forums you will know that I've been toiling for the last few months trying to get a list I'm comfortable with for the SA National tournament this weekend.

I finally settled on something I feel covers all bases, even though its a style i'm not particularly used to playing (though is not exactly anything new!!)

Thanks to Chaplain Ad., Citadel, K&F and James (and others!) for all the input leading up to this.

For anyone interested in seeing the evolution of the list here it is:

Road to Nats..

For those of you interested in seeing my batreps from last year's nationals you can find them here:

Nationals 2011 I played for 1st place in the finals, but lost narrowly and wound up 4th overall.

The year before I tanked (up in Johannesburg - they alternative venues between the two big cities every year) and this year Im keen to get some vengeance!

Batreps/thoughts here: Nationals 2010

I'll be taking this:

Meph

Furioso - Talons

5 RAS -flmr

Razor - TLAC

5 RAS -flmr

Razor - TLPG/LC

5 RAS -flmr

Razor - TLAC

5 RAS -flmr

Razor - TLPG/LC

Baal Pred -HBSS

Baal Pred -HBSS

Raven - EA, TLLC, TLMM

Raven - TLPC, TLMM, Hurricane Bolters.

My main concerns are Daemons, Termy heavy lists, a particular ork player or two, and some IG lists.

I'll post some army shots soon and fill you in as I go.

Hopefully I dont tank again like the year before last!

Cheers,

Mort.

First off, Good Luck!

Can't wait to the results. Seems like enough shooty to hang in there and speed and flexibility to handle different scenarios.

I was finishing four Razorback/Rhinos when 6th dropped the hammer on assaulting after a disembark and the no troops in vehicles are scoring. I shelved that project to get my terminators started so if you reports show promise I will be anxious to finish those vehicles up.

Will be curious on how the Ravens do as when they arrive seems to be a huge+/- on the 2 raven list games I have seen.

Also, Mephiston, Codex Powers or BRB powers, and does the tournament allow you to change his powers before the beginning of each game?

First off, Good Luck!

Will be curious on how the Ravens do as when they arrive seems to be a huge+/- on the 2 raven list games I have seen.

Also, Mephiston, Codex Powers or BRB powers, and does the tournament allow you to change his powers before the beginning of each game?

Thanks. So much guys!

They've ruled that we must use brb or codex powers listed on our roster, so sadly no swapping out

I am nervous about the raven story- its why I'm rolling strategic traits...but definitely a concern over mine.

Pulled an orky opponent (guy that slaughtered me in the nationals up here in 2010!!!) :Troops:

Mission was hammer/anvil and big guns.

His list:

Warbiker boss- claw

6 nobs bikers-2claws, painboy,2big choppas

6or8 bikers with claw nob.

30shootas-claw,3bs

30sluggas-claw,3bs

10grots

Dakka jet

9 lootas

Aegis w/ quad

I won table edge and first turn! Whoop whoop.

Bugger stole the init :Troops:

Luckily his shooting was unsuccessful and I only had a razor immobed.

I'll fill you in on the full batrep soon, I'm on my phone.

Holy crap- you guys won't believe this last game!!!

Can't wait to tell you about it.

List:

Fateweaver

Blue scribe

3flamers

8flamers

8flamers

5plagues

5plagues

5plagues

5horrors-upgrade

Daemon prince tzeentch winged.

6screamers

6screamers

Sweet Sanguinius! The filth in that list!

I hope you put it down for the Emperor!

James.

Archived