Gabriel Seth

Hadron Ka'sel

i am actually hoping to see his two handed chainsword will get evalated unique eviscerator status. If that happends, Seth just got slightly better. his weapons profile is very, very close to eviscerator as it is. But for his points you still get quite capable STR8 rending monster, while I grant that 6th edition is more shooting based, Seth is good, albeit Tycho does things better and more reliable than Seth. Still Seth brings alot to table for his points.

If im not mistaken there are rules for a "heavy chainsword" in the main rulebook? The second I read that I thought of Seth ;) tbh if they classify it as anything else theyre fooling themselves....

Think the "normal" heavy chainswrod s AP4? Not as good as AP3 but then again it never was a power weapo to begin with so I could live with AP4 ^_^

I really don't see what good AP4 would do that S8 Rending doesn't already do well enough..

Its more for fluff then anything else. Making him AP3 would be abit much and the heavy chainsword in the rulebook is AP4....

-edit-

While im saying that I dont got a rulebook handy... Anyone can check if im not spreading rubbish?

His sword just looks eviscerator and eviscerator is double strength, ap2 and armourbane. Now you guys won't say that Seth with 4 wounds, str 2, rending would be insanely good for points value if Bloodreaver gets eviscerator making it ap2 and armourbane. All eviscerator I see in my IG and GK codex do look like Seth's nice sword but how then tell dioffrence between heavy chain sword and eviscerator, except eviscerator hits last :P I just pointed eviscerator since it double strength just as Seth sword does (unlike heavy chainsword) and both are double hand chainswords

i am actually hoping to see his two handed chainsword will get evalated unique eviscerator status. If that happends, Seth just got slightly better. his weapons profile is very, very close to eviscerator as it is. But for his points you still get quite capable STR8 rending monster, while I grant that 6th edition is more shooting based, Seth is good, albeit Tycho does things better and more reliable than Seth. Still Seth brings alot to table for his points.

If im not mistaken there are rules for a "heavy chainsword" in the main rulebook? The second I read that I thought of Seth :lol: tbh if they classify it as anything else theyre fooling themselves....

Think the "normal" heavy chainswrod s AP4? Not as good as AP3 but then again it never was a power weapo to begin with so I could live with AP4 :)

I really don't see what good AP4 would do that S8 Rending doesn't already do well enough..

Its more for fluff then anything else. Making him AP3 would be abit much and the heavy chainsword in the rulebook is AP4....

-edit-

While im saying that I dont got a rulebook handy... Anyone can check if im not spreading rubbish?

His sword just looks eviscerator and eviscerator is double strength, ap2 and armourbane. Now you guys won't say that Seth with 4 wounds, str 2, rending would be insanely good for points value if Bloodreaver gets eviscerator making it ap2 and armourbane. All eviscerator I see in my IG and GK codex do look like Seth's nice sword but how then tell dioffrence between heavy chain sword and eviscerator, except eviscerator hits last :P I just pointed eviscerator since it double strength just as Seth sword does (unlike heavy chainsword) and both are double hand chainswords

Eviscerator doesebn hit at initiatvie though, which is a good thing with I5 :)

Plus, in most fights Seth needs only one 6 to put your opponent away. If he lands that Rending hit, you get around opponents armor, ( most invul saves will only be 4+, so you have a 50/50 shot there), you get around FNP if they are also T4 or less, and if also T4 or less you don't care how many wounds they have. A good combo with Seth is to stick him with a decent Honor Guard. Give them the Chapter Banner, a Powerfist/Axe, a SS or two and you should be good. He is best in a LRC for getting the assault, but unlike a lot of our choices for HQ can also go in a drop pod. I've often wished he could have a JP, but I'm also glad he is not forced to have one.

Archived