Paint Scheme For Dark Angels Veteran Units

DutyBeforeAll

So Sternguard and Vanguard Vets in most chapters come from the First Company of the Chapter.

But the first company of the Dark Angels is the Death Wing, so my question is should I paint my Sternguard the Bone White, Green Chest Eagle, And Broken Sword of the Death Wing or would the Sternguard of the Dark Angels com from the First of the codex Adherent Company’s the Third?

Also Vanguard Vets are supposed to be a lighting fast reactionary force, but the Dark Angels already have that in the Raven Wing. So should Dark Angel Vanguard vets Be painted in the Raven Wing paint scheme?

Please give me your thoughts on this Brothers.

I would assume that VV and sternguard would be part of the inner circle. If we get them I'm more then likely going

to be putting them in mostly if not 100% of them in robes. but thats just me. It wouldn't be wrong to go bleached

bone on sternguard if your going from the mindset of them having terminator honors.

just my 2 cents.

With our current codex the DA do not have Sternguard or Vanguard units per se. For Sternguard they would be best represented as Company Vets found in the battle companies and painted as such. There is nothing to represent Vanguard and the models would simply fall under assualt marines for use.

Short answer, both get painted green but in the end, it's your army. Certainly arguments could be made to paint them bone or black. Though with Pyro's inner circle idea, they would still be green.

I actually suggest, if you don't mind waiting, you wait for the next codex to see how they implement them, if they do at all.

Right now, there's no such thing as Sternguard or Vanguard Vets for Dark Angels and their Successors (well, the ones that use the DA play book anyway), and if I had my druthers, there never would be - the company vet concept is enough. There isn't a way to answer you in any kind of official GW way because they don't exist. However, they would not be painted as Deathwing or Ravenwing in my mind.

As others have said though, they are your figs, do what you want with them.

Archived