DV Chaos Lord

Martox

Ave fraters,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Chaos Lord from the DV boxed set, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Something sticks out as 'wrong'. So, I throw my current work to the masses so I can get some feedback.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Martox/nllord_zps78d43aa3.jpg

Not certain the light is accurate, the blue is much brighter there. It's darker in life. If necessary, I'll try and edit it to closer real-life colours.

Any critiques or suggestions of where it stands so far, feel free to throw it out there. I'd very much appreciate it.

As close as possible, since trying to take new photos is useless without daylight bulbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Martox/nllord1_zpsed0f7712.jpg

Hope that helps. Also, any suggestions for blade-colour would be appreciated. Currently thinking purple.

Purple....makes me think slaanesh. If that's what you're going for that's all well and good but....I think power weapons black-blueish, force weapons green-whiteish and daemon weapons black-redish. Not necessarily what everyone has to do but just throwing that out there. My only critique is that it's a bit bright currently but then again, Ven usually says mine are too bright too....

It still looks off, which is unfortunately due to the camera and lack of daylight/daylgiht bulbs. I suppose I'll have to wait until I get some daylight (and some more batteries for my camera). Until then, I'd appreciate weapon colour suggestions still.

I don't know exacty, since my painting skills are still nil, but to be honest, I've looked at the pictures several times and the first thing I think is "Wow, that's a lot of blue." I don't really see the bronze until I stare at it for a while. Technically it's less than 3 seconds, but it feels like a while. Like Ven said, you probably just need some highlights and shading. I can't say how to do them because I only tried once so far and that Dragon Warrior was umm, wow, uh, let's just stick with him being "special".

Ave people,

Did some work on it, went with the suggestions of not enoguh highlights/too light. Managed to get some daylight photos too, so it's pretty damn close to true colours here.

gallery_11473_7755_170128.jpg

Thoughts, feedback as ever appreciated. I'll be looking to finish him over the coming days, bone work tonight (possibly).

Ave fraters - jsut a quick post with the evenings progress. also, new lamp, so better photos!

Still to be done - bone-to-armour blending, tidy-up post wash.

Plasma Pistol

Sword

Tubes, eye glow, pistol glow (sword glow?)

Base

gallery_11473_7755_670105.jpg

Archived