Limited Edition Chaos Codex

juiced

I'm sorry but who in their right mind would pay $23.00 extra just for a different cover art (that looks terrible in comparison to the original) a little book mark tacil, a sheet of paper that says 'congrats on spending more money than everyone else.'.....

Ya nice investment...

I'm sorry but who in their right mind would pay $23.00 extra just for a different cover art (that looks terrible in comparison to the original) a little book mark tacil, a sheet of paper that says 'congrats on spending more money than everyone else.'.....

Ya nice investment...

ME :)

That extra paper that says "congrats on spending more money than everyone else" is very important to me. . .

Seriously, I totally ordered the LE, you have no idea how long much I have longed for a new codex. I am gonna live it up as best i can.

At first I seriously debated it, in order to show my ever fanatical love for Chaos...but afterwards I decided to just grab a basic one since it'll always be tableside with me anyways, so its going to get some wear and tear no matter what.

Also, Im alittle bummed about the codex art, its cool and all but I was hoping for something more original ya know??

I like the new style of the codex, but man that is not cheap. I too wish they had created their own art, but that cover is one of my favorite chaos books that I have read so far so I can deal with it. Is anyone else starting to get annoyed with the constant jack up in prices? I like this hobby, but man the money is starting to get tight with it.

Coot

Hahaha, I too debated it just because I love chaos, but honestly they give you nothing. If there were some posters of the art, I cool little chaos star attached to a chain and some additional fun stuff, then I'd be panicking about only being 1000. But really... nah.

At first I seriously debated it, in order to show my ever fanatical love for Chaos...but afterwards I decided to just grab a basic one since it'll always be tableside with me anyways, so its going to get some wear and tear no matter what.

That was my line of thinking too. If it came in a nice little slip-cover like the limited BRB then I might have gone for it at that price, but no, I'll stick to the regular one ... though I'm probably going to hate myself in a year for not getting it, but future me can deal with it.

Hahaha, I too debated it just because I love chaos, but honestly they give you nothing. If there were some posters of the art, I cool little chaos star attached to a chain and some additional fun stuff, then I'd be panicking about only being 1000. But really... nah.

^this

I happily buy LE versions of video games all the time because of the extra art, books, discs, figures and what not that come with them but as far as I can see, they're asking us to pay an extra $55AUD ($83AUD std, $138AUD LE) for a worse cover (which isn't even a unique piece of artwork) and a fancy near-useless ribbon.

No thanks GW.

All they had to do was to put a special ed. mini in the deal and then make 5,000 instead of 1,000. It would have sold out in half an hour with people making all sort of excuses why it not only the mini but the book itself! hahahaha!!!

As it is, no.

Ugh. Looking at the pictures on the LE book page, it has a picture of the rules for mutilators and oblits. Mutilators have 2 base attacks and slow and purposeful.....seriously....they're supposed to be CC oriented.....what the :tu: .

Yeah, that's not cool. S&P and 2+1D6 attacks I could've dealt with.

All they had to do was to put a special ed. mini in the deal and then make 5,000 instead of 1,000. It would have sold out in half an hour with people making all sort of excuses why it not only the mini but the book itself! hahahaha!!!

As it is, no.

Agree wholeheartedly. They would've already been sold out if there were a limited edition mini. Hell you could've put one of those mutilators with a different arm option as a limited and people would've ate it up!

Yeah, this. Who do they think they're kidding? The only LE thing I've bought for 40K was the DW rulebook, because that came with ALL KINDS of craziness. I don't the 'dex is worth $50, why would I pay over $80?

Archived