Limited Edition Chaos Codex

juiced

Sounds like I am the only one foolish enough to buy the darned thing around this joint :P

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s326/Smurfalypse/HATERS_zps342956b9.jpg

It's not that we're hating the Codex itself, it's just that some people have it a little more harder than others to come by money so the price doesn't seem worth it when all we get is a negative image(which should be cheaper since no red is used, a certificate and a bookmark. If it was US$10 more or even US$20, I'd probably think about it. But not double the price.

Sounds like I am the only one foolish enough to buy the darned thing around this joint :)

I threw my money at Gdub too. I bought the CE rule book as well. Buying all kinds of tickets for crazy rides. Have a laugh if you'd like, but lets all remember to look at our receipts when we purchase our own GW miniatures ;) . I collect omnibuses, absolute editions, and hardcover collections of comics. Looking at the way they price their minis, I'm actually surprised the 'GWized' price of a collectable book wasn't higher :D

Hell no.

Once, just once, I'd like to meet the GeeDub 'genius' whose coming up with all these underhanded marketing ploys.

Then, make a ;) ing example out of him.

You mean giving him a raise? :cuss

The book sold out in a day in Europe (and in two days globally?). And it only had a negative cover, a letter saying "congrats you spend money" and a book mark. And the price was what? 80% up? I don't think it's underhand ploy either - they said what the special edition was about (which was pretty much nothing) - it's not like they misled anyone.

If I met this guy, I'd sit down and listen to his sagely advice on marketing... ;)

Sounds like I am the only one foolish enough to buy the darned thing around this joint :pinch:

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s326/Smurfalypse/HATERS_zps342956b9.jpg

It's not that we're hating the Codex itself, it's just that some people have it a little more harder than others to come by money so the price doesn't seem worth it when all we get is a negative image(which should be cheaper since no red is used, a certificate and a bookmark. If it was US$10 more or even US$20, I'd probably think about it. But not double the price.

lol I know exactly what you are hating on, and you are right. I remember when i saw it i stopped and read it again thinking i had missed something that came with it. Then when I realized i didnt miss anything, i sat there for a few and thought abou it...Then I thought to myself "If this codex is awesome, i am going to regret not getting this." SHAZAAM!

BRB gotta pick up my wife from the street corner, she has been working all night so i could buy this thing!

After looking on ebay my bro (Who did order it) is really considering just selling the thing. While the pricing on ebay is nothing solid, it does give a rough estimate, that being that most are being put up for £200+ which is kinda a lot of profit. I kinda initially was very pessimistic as a book to keep, but I'm a bit jealous of him if they're really going to be resold at 3-4 times their price which was already a lot. The problem is that chaos are his favourite army (Fluff and model wise) so I think he'll feel kinda dissapointed if he winds up really enjoying the new book and knowing he's sold it off.

I think the problem is that the collectors value lies exclusiveness in the limitation of it. Once he's sold it, he ain't getting another chance to get one.

He's kinda confused now. Either keep it for the collectors value (Even if it isn't much) or sell it for loads of profit. Funny.

After looking on ebay my bro (Who did order it) is really considering just selling the thing. While the pricing on ebay is nothing solid, it does give a rough estimate, that being that most are being put up for £200+ which is kinda a lot of profit. I kinda initially was very pessimistic as a book to keep, but I'm a bit jealous of him if they're really going to be resold at 3-4 times their price which was already a lot. The problem is that chaos are his favourite army (Fluff and model wise) so I think he'll feel kinda dissapointed if he winds up really enjoying the new book and knowing he's sold it off.

I think the problem is that the collectors value lies exclusiveness in the limitation of it. Once he's sold it, he ain't getting another chance to get one.

He's kinda confused now. Either keep it for the collectors value (Even if it isn't much) or sell it for loads of profit. Funny.

Exactly my thought, I sat there knowing that if I ended up loving the Codex I would really regret not getting it. I guess only time will tell :)

Exactly my thought, I sat there knowing that if I ended up loving the Codex I would really regret not getting it. I guess only time will tell :)

I guess the one side of waiting is that is that the if in the end you don't want to keep it, the price will have gone up.

The thing is that the more I think about it the more mellow I am about it. Yes the codex itself is expensive and really shouldn't be that much, but at the end of the day you're paying £30 for a book that will last you years. You're also paying £20 extra for something which adds collectors value to it, and as a keen collector myself I don't mind the idea of spending £20 for something that I can have that I know only 999 other people possess.

Archived