Breaking your puppet

Ming

2 questions of note came up today:

1. Puppet master - if you have multiple psykers with the spell, can they be used to make the same enemy model fire multiple times in the same player shooting phase? In our case I argued no, since a unit can only fire once per shooting phase.

2. Flyers with the scout rule. In the case of the Vendetta/Valkyrie (just an example) and others with scout...there is a question in the IG FAQ concerning using scout to bring flyers on the table early, which was denied in the FAQ. Some think this FAQ response also denies any benefits of the other special rule scout conveys on a unit = Outflank. In my games, I argue in favor that outflank is still there. Thoughts? (ps...outflank does not as written apply to ongoing reserves...so it just works the first time the flyer enters the table)...

1. As you say, a model can usually only shoot once per phase so I'd say you can't. I'd be interested so see what others have to say.

2. Since the FAQ didn't say to remove the Scout rule from those units I'd say that yes it allows them to Outflank. Which sounds like a very good idea.

Archived