DA player wants to use a Storm Talon

pueriexdeus

I bought a Storm Talon this summer while away on business. Didn't have access to any rules and the LGS guy told me it was a legal option for DA. Well I studiously painted it up in DA colors and icons, and I cant use it.

So I've decided to include an allied detachment so I can use it. The problem is I don't have any Blue, war dollies to play with DA All the way. Will their be an issue if I proxy a DA Librarian, and Tactical Sqd so I can use my DA marked Storm Talon?

The up side is that the SM Libbie is better, and the SM Tactical SQD is cheaper, everything is WYSIWIG, their just not Blue, well the Libbie is.

Reading the BGB nowhere does it say that you need the actual painted HQ, Troop, Vehicle, etc in the Allied colors.

Whats your opinion?

In this case it might be easier just to run your whole army using sm rules instead, rather than a partial proxy. If you choose not too, i would look at some way to make your "allied contingent" look different from your reuglar boys, maybe an obvious differently painted shoulder pad, to avoid confusion.

as the allied contingent have different rules, I would agree that it would be good to have some way to make them easily identifiable for your opponent. Other than that, no, there is no actual rule in how you must paint your models. An example would be that you only have one libby, one tactical squad in your army, or that the tactical squad is armed in a certain way, or led by a special sergeant, etc. as I'm assuming that you don't really want to colour/base certain models differently from the rest of the army.

When I ally my Marines with Dark Angels, or if I ally them with Blood Angels for their Librarians etc they're staying my army colour. I'm just using those rules to represent another portion of the same army. It's fine, just make sure you points out which is which to your opponent.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I am using only the Libbie, Tac Sqd and ST from the C:SM, since their are no other Libbies, Tac Sqds,or St's in the army it shouldn't be an issue.

I was so hoping that this is not an underhanded way to get players to buy more GW products.

To make it easier to tell for your opponent, it might be worthwhile painting the rim of their bases a different, obvious, color. Like blue for C:SM etc. This allows for easy recognition and prevents misunderstandings- and thus arguments/hurt feelings.

I would have your models from different companies of DA... I'm for example 3rd company Red trims on the knee pads as well shoulder pads. IF I were to do something like this were a few mixed unites similar in color... I would just mark a company change explain to the other side .. you see this logo Its a different attachment then this... logo.

Archived