First Land Raider

librisrouge

So about a year ago I bought a messed up Land Raider on ebay. I proceeded to disassemble it and soak it in Simple Green for about a week before cleaning it up.

I then proceeded to give it to my wife for use as an Ork Battlewagon (what we do for love.)

Well, she decided to sell her Orks and I decided she couldn't sell her battlewagon because I was inheriting it. I'm in the middle of stripping and resanctifying it now, but I can't decide what to do with it. I'm torn between three options:

Godhammer (standard) Land Raider: I have the Lascannon bits around here somewhere and I can modify the Heavy Bolters so this would likely be the simplest version of the Raider to make. It would transport some DW and blast of heritics. The TL-Las can double as anti-air since four dice should net me one it most of the time.

Land Raider Helios: Replacing the TL Heavy Bolters (which I don't have) with a Whirlwind Launcher (which I don't have) should be equally simple (if slightly more expensive.) In normal games I would play it as a Godhammer with the WW missiles "count as" the TL HBs. If FW is allowed (or we get it in the next Codex :) ) then it can also double as Anti-Air, supported by the TL Lascannons.

Land Raider Prometheus: I love this concept. Absolutely love it. That many shots should be a crime (and probably is under the Geneva conventions.) I would use it as a "count as" Crusader variant in most games and as a Prometheus in games that allow FW. This especially works since I'm deeply considering playing a more mixed arms type army so outflanking RW are a likely include to benefit from its command bonuses. Plus, it can still hold 5 DW Terminators.

What do you guys think I should do with it?

prometheus is my vote. I love the thought of terminators purging filth with fire. but you know whats better then that? terminators in bone white purging filth with fire, of course!

or, you could scour the net for magnetizing tutorials so you could have all three!

Since you say it is your first Land Raider I would suggest The Godhammer variant. Is a good Heavy Weapon option and transport vehicle. When you get to the point that one is just not enough, the Crusaders or Prometheus would compliment the Godhammer. .

I've run the standard land raider and a crusader in my Deathwing for a few years now and if I had to choose just one I would go with the crusader. I can fit a terminator squad with a character in it and when it hits 24 inch range is put out a lot of shots. I can't fit any characters into the squad in the regular land raider and the weapons are geared to a long range fire support role. There are better and cheaper options for long range fire support. Your best bet is to magnetize your models so you can switch them out and find out which one works best for you.

I too would recommend a LRC. The LRC holds a bigger passenger capacity than an LR. And all these heavy bolter rounds that you can fire into your opponent is not too bad.

You might mean "Hurricane bolters" on the LRC.

I would go with magnetised weapons too then you can swap and change however it suits.

Archived