Death guard and the new paints

Could base them off of mk III armor with FW Death Guard upgrade torsos. The torsos sell as bits, so you could recoup some of your cost that way. I'll trade you the censer and fly shoulder-pads for death guard ones, if you don't want to use those. I have extra of the triple skull ones, and don't use them much.

If you're asking how to paint them: I believe the pre-Heresy Death Guard had their Power Armor unpainted, with dark green trims. I figure you'd want to start painting, well, "unpainted" Ceramite and dark green trims first. I'm not sure what color unpainted Ceramite would have. But I believe I've read it's like a matte metallic tone. I've experimented with a mix of 1:1 Boltgun Metal and Codex Grey (or whatever they're called now), which worked fine for me and is perhaps also light enough to paint a whole model with. I reckon you don't want it too dark as the dark green trims won't pop out and any weathering, or Nurgleification, will tone it down too ...

Speaking of that: The question of "suitable" Nurgleification isn't easy to answer. You'd need to find out what's "suitable" for you. Are you into actual Destroyer-Plague Marines, or just rusted and decayed variants of the pre-Heresy Legion?

Cheers, JT

Archived