Bases rules

caprera

I hope this is the right place to ask.

I am planning two character conversions and i was wondering if i could use 40mm bases for them even if they are not in Terminator armor.

A 40mm base could help much for what i intend to do but at the same time i didn't wanted to create an issue with a fellow adversary. That's why I'm here to ask.

Are there any really issues apart from template vulnerability ?

Some people will get prickly about it...

In 5th edition there was a rule that state a model should be placed on the same size base it was made with. These days that rule appears to be missing.

So in legalize theres nothing wrong with it, have at it. In general- feel out your local play group and see what folks there think. Usually if it looks epic and you arent getting any major bonuses from it then no one will complain.

In 5th edition there was a rule that state a model should be placed on the same size base it was made with. These days that rule appears to be missing.

So in legalize theres nothing wrong with it, have at it. In general- feel out your local play group and see what folks there think. Usually if it looks epic and you arent getting any major bonuses from it then no one will complain.

im pretty certain that it is in the BRB there GM

im pretty certain that it is in the BRB there GM

If so Im missing it- be happy to get a page number off you.

On page 3 of the 6th ed BGB, modesl and base sizes are mentioned in a sidebar, but not a size requirement other than modelling in a similar manner to other model of a similar type.

On page 3 of the 5th ed BRB, there is the mention of bases, but nothing about "must" use the ones that come with the model.

On page 6 of the 4th ed BGB, there is the mention of bases and here it says that the supplied base should be considered the minimum size base needed. Larger would be allowed, but not smaller.

I had always heard the rule was larger was allowed, but not smaller. I guess I was working off of the 4th ed book with regards to that.

Also note some characters specifically forbid putting them on larger bases. I think Gabriel Seth may have that rule... Dang they saw my plan to put him on a flying base :'(.

By all means put him on that large flying base, but do remember you can only do that balarina move of his against 6x 25 mm bases at max.

Archived