Templar Squad Leaders

Gunrunr

Brothers, I just wanted to share with you my newest models. My goal was to make a few models that would represent my squad leaders on the field of battle. Soon I will start working on a model that will take over 1st squad and move the current model over to 3rd.

gallery_62863_6991_309702.jpg

gallery_62863_6991_384956.jpg

gallery_62863_6991_264873.jpg

Excellent work Brother Gunrunr! I especially like the the execution of the banners. Might you share your recipe?

Also, they look like the black has softened a tad. Did you by chance add some grey in there or is it the lighting?

Cheers,

Brothers,

@ Honda......the banners are done only using a white base coat and then a wash of Devlin Mud. I also used a little Bleached Bone for the highlights but not very much at all. I did have to water down the devlin mud some because alone its just a little too dark.

@ Honda and Kierdale.......the black is infact just a black ink washed codex grey. First I base-coated everything in chaos black and then did all the armour in codex grey. After the grey was totally dry I added a layer of black ink. One wash will not be enough to make it look black so add more layers only after the previous layers are dry. I think I used around 3 to 4 layers on mine. I then finished it off with Chainmail Silver as a highlight. I used the silver to give the effect of battle damage or wear rather than true highlights.

@ Everyone else......thanks for the kind words. I am pleased with the progress I have made with my painting skills and can only hope that some of my advice or work can help a fellow Brother improve as well.

Archived