Abaddon's profile in the new dex?

loku

There's something I'm asking!

See the picture in: http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/09/snapsho...705162096580442 and the marks here http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/09/csm-psy...ules-marks.html

If Abaddon has this profile:

WS 7 / BS 5 / S 4 / T 5 / W 4 / I 6 / A 4 / L 10 / Sv 2+

And have the Mark of Chaos Ascendant (He also has all four Marks of Chaos)

And the marks are:

Mark of Khorne: Berserker, Counter-attack

Mark of Nurgle: +1 Toughness

Mark of Tzeentch: Invulnerable Saves improved by 1

Mark of Slaanesh: +1 Initiative.

So Abaddon is:

WS 7 / BS 5 / S 4 / T 6 / W 4 / I 7 / A 4 / L 10 / Sv 2+

Champion of Chaos

Eternal Warrior

Fearless

Independent Character

Veterans od the Long War

Berserker

Counter-attack

Invulnerable Save 4+

Because it isn`t written that the bonus marks are included in the profile!

So Am I right?

What about his wargear? Do we have any rules on them?

Oh, of course we do.

"Abaddon is armed with a glowstick and a creeping sense of melancholy. For purposes of challenges he attacks at Initiative step Before You Were Born and always wounds on a coin-toss of Heads. Furthermore, Abaddon can choose to refuse a challenge and spend the rest of the game sobbing in a corner because he'll never be as awesome as Horus was."

Pretty cool, eh?

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to seeing our Big Bad's new profile. Maybe he'll make a fun conversion!

Od.

I have posted Abbadons profile and special rules all over the place, and obviously the Mark of chaos Ascendant is included in the profile.

Edited to "very likely". Hmm, you made me start wondering now. My apologies for the categorical rejection. Though toughness 5 and Init 6 clearly points to him having it included. But I guess it should not be categorically rejected. It is extemly unlikely though, since Tasty taste has been right on all the rumours so far, and he claims his profile is not changed at all. Same with others, those who viewed the book on gamesday and reported back

http://images.4chan.org/tg/src/1348423134368.jpg

http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2012/09/20/...rine-drip-drip/

I have posted Abbadons profile and special rules all over the place, and obviously the Mark of chaos Ascendant is included in the profile.

That's my opinion too.

Why do you think the entry only mentions the 4++ invul save? Because it's the only stat not included in the profile.

Anyway he is still a very powerful model. My only concern is his effectiveness in fighting Dreadknight like MCs in a challange. If he use the Talon the DK still get a 2+; namely he will inflict roughly a wound; if he use the daemon sword he needs a roll of 5+ to wound the DK, then the DK have a 5++ save. I doubt he will inflict more than one-two wounds.

EDIT:

On the marks. The pic is a little blurry so we cannot read the entire text. I suspect the rule says the effects of the marks are already included, in fact it adds "Note that due the Mark of Tzeench etc..."

If the marks' bonuses are added to the profile I'll be extremely happy <_<

It's clear the rule's text, as it we currently know it, is not very clear. Hopefully we'll have some more info when the Codex is released. Currently both interpretations are supported by evidence of some sort.

So Am I right?

It is also not written that he gets those bonuses at all. He has the Mark of Chaos Ascendent which has it's own rules.

The rule states he has all four Marks of Chaos. You can see it in one of the links posted in this topic

EDIT:

Found the link

On the marks. The pic is a little blurry so we cannot read the entire text. I suspect the rule says the effects of the marks are already included, in fact it adds "Note that due the Mark of Tzeench etc..."

The image I have seen is not so much blurry but cropped <_<

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qu_GBZbAt_A/UGBhe5PqlPI/AAAAAAAALY4/KYQnmHwsvKM/s1600/csm-codex-212.jpg

While the sentence does stop at the bottom of the page, there may well be more info at the top of the second column. You can look at Abbadon's entry in the current codex to see what I am talking about.

The image I have seen is not so much blurry but cropped <_<

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qu_GBZbAt_A/UGBhe5PqlPI/AAAAAAAALY4/KYQnmHwsvKM/s1600/csm-codex-212.jpg

While the sentence does stop at the bottom of the page, there may well be more info at the top of the second column. You can look at Abbadon's entry in the current codex to see what I am talking about.

I was refering to the other image, the one from the "fluff page"... I saw this pic after the post but I included it in the post above yours <_<

Wonder if Drach'nyen still gets the extra D6 attacks.

Why not? It's still a Daemon weapon...

EDIT:

The marks are included in the profile. If it's not clear from the rules text, then it will be in the FAQ, but no, abby isn't T6, Init 7.

As I said, this is my opinion too

So Am I right?

It is also not written that he gets those bonuses at all. He has the Mark of Chaos Ascendent which has it's own rules.

The rule states he has all four Marks of Chaos. You can see it in one of the links posted in this topic

EDIT:

Found the link

Yeah, that's kind of my point. How can you get +1T from adding the Mark of Nurgle if you already have the Mark of Nurgle?

Hey, if I am wrong, feel free to jump up and down excitedly and say "I told you so" because I will be jumping excitedly as well. But I just don't see that happening since it would be a departure from the way named chaos characters have been published so far. I don't want to get everyone's hopes up over something that is NOT written; at least not in the clipped image.

But then again, Khârn, has one fewer base attacks than he has in the current codex (possibly because of the change in the way the Mark of Khorne works) while Abbaddon keeps his 4.

So Am I right?

EDIT:

Found the link

Yeah, that's kind of my point. How can you get +1T from adding the Mark of Nurgle if you already have the Mark of Nurgle?

Hey, if I am wrong, feel free to jump up and down excitedly and say "I told you so" because I will be jumping excitedly as well. But I just don't see that happening since it would be a departure from the way named chaos characters have been published so far. I don't want to get everyone's hopes up over something that is NOT written; at least not in the clipped image.

But then again, Khârn, has one fewer base attacks than he has in the current codex (possibly because of the change in the way the Mark of Khorne works) while Abbaddon keeps his 4.

I do believe the stats already include the marks.

The only problem is the Mark of Khorne. The profile does not mention counter attack so what will happen?

The other marks are not added while Mark of Khorne will be added to the profile?

Or will Abaddon have a un-mark of Khorne (namely a mark that gives no benefit because it is not included in the profile)?

To make things more clear:

If the Mark of Chaos Ascendant's bonuses are already added to the profile the Mark of Khorne will produce no effect.

If the effect of Mark of khorne has to be added to the profile why other marks not?

Another example of the "GW rule making effect", I suppose. They will FAQ it and hopefully they will do it soon....

Marks affecting the stat line are included in the statline. Marks just granting special rules are left as special rules. It may not be clear from the rules text, but it's clearly the intention, and anyone who claims otherwise (ie, claiming Khârn doesn't have rage/counterassault, or that Typhus has T6) are just being facetious and tedious.

So he gets either 5 S8, AP3 attacks that reroll to wound or 4+D6 S5, AP2 attacks that could make himself take a wound.

Interesting options...I'll probably always, always use the Talon, unless I'm fighting 2+ AS dudes. Otherwise no reason to use it.

So he gets either 5 S8, AP3 attacks that reroll to wound or 4+D6 S5, AP2 attacks that could make himself take a wound.

Interesting options...I'll probably always, always use the Talon, unless I'm fighting 2+ AS dudes. Otherwise no reason to use it.

Drachnyen might have some utility if you're up against a horde-like unit. The extra attacks and Str 5 would be decent against Guard say.

Still pretty damn retarded that Abaddon might be wounded by his daemon weapon when Crowe, Calgar and Grimnar simply don't care.

They don't get +d6 attacks, though.

However they get nice bonuses,. Space Wolves have one of the most overpower codices, in my opinion. Just look at their rune priests...

Archived