Hi there been a while since I posted anything so I thought I'd start a little thingamajig to track the progress of my Pre-Heresy Emperors Children. I managed to score one of the Horus Heresy Forge World books and some Cataphractii armour at Games Day and I'm in the process of building up a small Loyalist/Traitor force for some skirmish battles. My plan is to have two 5 man Tactical squads and 1 Terminator squad on each side led by a Legion Centurion. At the moment I'm undecided as to whether to paint the opposing side as Sons of Horus or Emperors Children. All I know is, my social life took one look at my painting table and ran like hell.

Anyways here's the first picture

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/Astartes_Loken/8027804891_af70200d37_z.jpg

Cheers mate, I was thinking perhaps the Loyalist side could maybe have the Legion Symbols scratched off, keeping only the aquillas, where as the traitor side would have the Legion marks showing proudly. Not sure, it'll be something to ruminate on because I do like the challenge of painting the Sons of Horus and their crazy green.

That Termie is fantastic!

Could I ask how you painted him?

Would have loved a set of those but after everything else I couldn't afford it. ;)

I like the idea of one side being loyal whilst the others are traitors but I think painting one of the forces as Sons of Horus would be better.

It would easily identify and differentiate the forces whilst also giving you some variety when it comes to painting.

Really looking forward to seeing this army log progress! :)

Cheers,

Mike.

Well colour me jealous! This is a really nice terminator sergeant you got there, only small thing is that I think the sword is a bit bland atm :)

I'd definitely also go with the SoH as counterpart to this, as that would look great, and you could make your commander of the EC Saul Tarvitz ;)

Cheers guys I think I'll go with Sons of Horus as the opposing force. The purple was done using the Naggaroth purple base and the blended up with the Genestealer purple. I gave it a wash with Leviathan purple then layered on the Genestealer purple again. The highlights were fifty fifty ushabti bone and Genestealer purple. You're right about the sword tho I'm gonna go back to it with a few more highlights and washes to make it a bit brighter. Saul Tarvitz is definitely on the list of guys to make.

Cheers guys, Cyrox is indeed right that you get a more or less straight arm in the set. The wing is from the Death Company set, I just cut the blood drop off and fit it into the Shoulder pad. Going through my purple rundown it appears I made a mistake. I was Xereus Purple not Genestealer purple. Still getting used to the names. The Gold though, that was done using Hashut Copper, washed with Agrax Earthshade then highlighted with a 50/50 mix of Hashut Copper/Runefang Steel.

jeremy1391 @ The sword is surprisingly sturdy definitely more substantial than the one from the conversion pack.

Cheers guys I think I'll go with Sons of Horus as the opposing force. The purple was done using the Naggaroth purple base and the blended up with the Genestealer purple. I gave it a wash with Leviathan purple then layered on the Genestealer purple again. The highlights were fifty fifty ushabti bone and Genestealer purple. You're right about the sword tho I'm gonna go back to it with a few more highlights and washes to make it a bit brighter. Saul Tarvitz is definitely on the list of guys to make.

Did you ever think about a golden blade? I've used one on a blood angels powersword & it seems to work for the more ostentatious of the Astartes legions?

Great work Duncs, I'm particularly jealous of that gold, it's the colour I want for my HH era EC so I'll be picking up the paints to try that out soon!

Looking forward to the next update :(

Cheers SCC, I'm a big fan of your Raven Guard so can't wait for your EC.

So I took some photies of my updates this morning. I've started on a very basic Legion Centurion and done a quick armour coat on 2 Termies.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/Astartes_Loken/8032202253_a3109973bc_c.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/Astartes_Loken/8032202143_ee4c17067e_b.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/Astartes_Loken/8032201959_df24ec1fd8_c.jpg

Cheers for looking

Rob

Rights then, I got a bit more done on my Legion Centurion. Still a bit to do on him and I'm a bit unsure what colour to do the chainsword. I painted the combi bolter gold but I think with the amount of gold already on this guy it might be overkill. I thought red perhaps, or just straight black. I just don't know. Still, not the worst decision I'll ever have to make I guess :P

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/Astartes_Loken/8037092111_9b3dea6074_c.jpg

Cheers

Rob

Archived