Made Me Smile...

Jolemai

Talon is only AP3 to! Buwahahaha! Does hit at 2x S though :woot: Deamon only hitting at +1S but Ap2 and deamon weapon... Seems abby needs a little thought to work now :o they do both got speciliast weapon rule....

Glad to see he wont be munching through termies at 2x S though!

Paging Commander Dante. We have some new face for you to axe.

dante would lose... very very quickly. Abby will strike first with 5 attacks (that get rerolls due to Veteran of the long war) base with either weapon, hitting on 4s, wounding on 3s with the daemon weapon or 2s (with rerolls) with the Talon. If using the Daemon Weapon then I'm guessing it'll get rules based on the marks Abby has?. If Abby uses the claw, he just needs to wound once... which is very likely.

Paging Commander Dante. We have some new face for you to axe.

dante would lose... very very quickly. Abby will strike first with 5 attacks (that get rerolls due to Veteran of the long war) base with either weapon, hitting on 4s, wounding on 3s with the daemon weapon or 2s (with rerolls) with the Talon. If using the Daemon Weapon then I'm guessing it'll get rules based on the marks Abby has?. If Abby uses the claw, he just needs to wound once... which is very likely.

I think Dante would actually survive a round of combat. And maybe do some damage in return! With average saves from the Daemon weapon we're only looking at 2 wounds.

And Dante only needs to do three wounds to him!! I think it would be a cool fight.

True, I forget that Dante would undoubtably curse Abaddon at the start heh. so actually abaddon hits on 4s rather than 3s and dante hits back on 4s too (instead of 5s :/)

Abaddon is also only Ld 9... so there is a (very) small chance he might even be WS1 for the fight...

if Dante charges:

Abaddon Strikes first, with 5 attacks, hitting on 4s and I'd assume using the daemon weapon so wounding on 3s. hits with 3 or 4 and wounds with 2 or 3 Dante saves 1 or two.

Dante has 6 attacks, hitting on 4s, wounding on 3s... so he hits 5 times (after hatred rerolls) and wounds 2 or 3 times. Abaddon then saves 1 or 2 of those with his invulnerable. (dante did 1 wound maybe if lucky 2 on the charge)

If Abaddon uses the claw he has 5 attacks hitting on 4s and hitting 3 or 4 times, he'll wound with them all thanks to rerolls and wounding on 2s, dante fails 1 save with reasonable likelyhood and dies

If Abaddon Charges: same as above but favour swings even more in Abaddons favour.

The one way that Dante would be able to have a fair chance of surviving this fight would be if corbs was somewhere on the table and kept his reroll just for dante's saving throws (as insurance)...

Sanguinor with an Axe would have a much much better chance at this fight IMO.

Well Dante has a 2+ save against that claw :) Sure a failed wound is ID but the same goes for a PF sargeant :angry:

I think its kinda funny that the only way we can get (more or less) ID-immume chars is to pack special chars or plant our characters on a bike for T5 :D And even then a S10 would still cause ID :down:

That said.... How AWESOME would it be if Dante axed Abbadon to the face? Take that black legion! Revenge is sweet! :devil:

So who would you send in, if anyone?

Tycho as he ignore armour saves?

Sanguinor?

Mephiston?

Lemartes?

Or would you just shoot his Land Raider and Fear his bodyguard off the board? :tu:

Fearless!

In the last edition his bodyguard was not. So as long as he was with them you could break his squad and he would flee off the board with them. Is that no longer the case in this edition?

THIS IS FANTASTIC!

And siriously what you get if Matt Ward does not make the Codex.

Personally and I think you would agree, I think Blood Angels should have hatred vs Chaos Space Marines allround.

The fluff mentions that the Blood Angel Space Marine have dreams about the heresy war.

Now I also think that if you would face the enemy of your "nightmares/dreams" you would fight harder.

Maby I am to off with my personal opinion however.

THIS IS FANTASTIC!

And siriously what you get if Matt Ward does not make the Codex.

Personally and I think you would agree, I think Blood Angels should have hatred vs Chaos Space Marines allround.

The fluff mentions that the Blood Angel Space Marine have dreams about the heresy war.

Now I also think that if you would face the enemy of your "nightmares/dreams" you would fight harder.

Maby I am to off with my personal opinion however.

Its something I've expected for a long time given the current "retro" trend to their rules design.

Archived