Ravenwing Tactics?

Grey Knight Purifier

So. I bought the Dark Angel half of DV. I was originally planning on running them as small, shooty Templar, but with the change to Righteous Zeal, that is no longer viable. Therefore, I'm looking at running them as Dark Angel Allies. I have repurposed the Termi's for my Templar, and I sold the Librarian. I point costed the Ravenwing, the Limited Chaplain, and the Tacticals. I know what to do with the Chappy and Tacticals, but how should Ravenwing function?

3 Bikers are fragile, so stay out of assualts - I'd say they are best playing the keep away game use cover and jink saves, outflank to get some side armor if need be - add another special weapon and if you expand on them, add a MM attack bike. And of course if they live, use speed to your advantage to contest.

If you do have any deep striking units, the bikes come with beacons by default.

I am also looking to expanding my RW squadron that I got on the DV box. I don't have the codex since I don't want to buy it this close to new release (fingers crossed). I like the idea of an attack bike being added, I am just wondering what other things we can add as equipment on top of what we already have. Is there any way that someone that has a codex let us know what it says for one ravenwing squadron?

Thanks in advance.

You can upgrade to 3 more bikes, add an attack bike and add a Land Speeder w/HH and AssCannon (AB and LS not attached to the unit). You also have the typical Sergeant and special weapon upgrades. Two bikers can take special weapons so sometimes it pays to simply have two separate units rather than a full 6.

I'll warn you though - people generally think they overpriced as they are.

Archived