Dark Angels modeling suggestions and help appreciated!

From

Hello Gentlemen,

Long time lurker first time poster. Lately during some of my free time I have been cutting and cleaning models, lots of them, I have around 130 or so marines bodies with the bits to make them pretty much anything. I am looking for suggestions, help, and guidance for what I should begin assembling. With the new DA codex on the horizon we don't quite know what we will be fielding in the typical DA army of 6th edition.

I already have my terminators assembled, painted, and magnetized as they are, what I believe, the most viable DA unit in 6th currently. I have 9 or so bikes put together and the bits to make quite a few more. I would like to run a balanced army, whatever that may be, when the new codex comes out running a spread of DA units. Where should I begin?

I've been reading various rumors about special DA plasma rules, flakk missile whirlwinds, flakk missiles for devastators, special standards, terminators and bikes not requiring beliel or sammael to field them as troops, and much much more. What do you fine fellows and B&C think I should begin putting together now so that I might be ready when the time comes months down the road?

-From

So I think it's a safe bet to make some Tactical Marines. Since there are 10 per squad I would make 7 bolter marines. Then wait till the codex comes out to decide what to equip your heavy/special/sergeant with.

Other than that I would hold off on buying stuff. Just make and paint the bolter marines so you have a nice starting force.

If you're planning on fielding infantry, then you'll need some transports. Razorbacks are a safe bet, because they can be used to transport combat squads or easily be converted into rhinos to transport full 10 man squads. If the rumors of devastators are true, then you might want to start sorting out your bits to see what you have available.

Thank you guys for the input, so far so good! The suggestion to start out with a few groups of 7 bolter marines I will deffinity do 28 with 4 rhinos, perhaps using various different arms and legs to give them more animated poses throwing a grenade and such. I've also decided on a jungle theme. Paint dark green with camouflage patterns, maybe find a way to craft up some ghilli suits for a scout squad, and put some wear and tear with mud on a the rhinos.

-From

Archived