quick question about Apothecaries in TDA

AngelVeto

Ok, as I have stated many times before I havent playede since third ed, my game tomorrow night will be my First real foray into the Grimdark since it was really Grimdark. This came to light recently as I was building my Cyclone Termy and put the targeting arm back on him... only to have my friend say those were changed out and no longer needed.

so my question is, If I upgrade a termy to an apothecary (using Belial) Can I have him with a Storm Bolter and Chainfist loadout, or does one arm need to be set aside for the narthecium and reductor?

From the DA FAQ

Q. When I upgrade Deathwing and Ravenwing models to Standard

Bearers and/or Apothecaries, can they still use items such as lightning

claws, thunder hammers and storm shields, assault cannons,

meltaguns, flamers and plasma guns? (p81)

A. Yes, because they are extraordinary individuals!

So yes, you can have him any load out you want!

The narthecium and reductor replace none of the Apothecaries normal Terminator wargear, regardless of what that may be.

Here is a model with said load out for reference. Of course, you can probably get away just telling your opponent which model is to represent the Apothecary even if he doesn't have the narthecium and reductor. My TH/SS Apoth does not have one, but does have a spot light and servo skull to make him stand out a bit and will be painted with the appropriate markings.

I did something similar, I put narthecium/reductor looking bits on the side of a powerfist, clipped the backpack over-shoulder-lamp-looking bit off of an APO backpack and mounted it on the termie's shoulder, and painted accordingly. There's no restriction on loadout, your APO can even be the sergeant (not that you'd want that in 6th, but you can have an APO with power sword and stormbolter) or heavy weapon guy.

I did something similar, I put narthecium/reductor looking bits on the side of a powerfist, clipped the backpack over-shoulder-lamp-looking bit off of an APO backpack and mounted it on the termie's shoulder, and painted accordingly. There's no restriction on loadout, your APO can even be the sergeant (not that you'd want that in 6th, but you can have an APO with power sword and stormbolter) or heavy weapon guy.

Now, a follow-up... why wouldn't I want it to be my sergeant?

I would also model your apothecary plainly just in anticipation of the next codex rolling out later this year. There is a lot of 'anything goes' with DA Deathwing load outs that I am afraid might get cut out in the next dex. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Too easy to lose your apothecary in a challenge.

Or alternatively, you refuse the challenge and still give out FNP to the squad.

But .... your opponent is not the only one issuing challenges. Some times you need to throw a character under the bus for the good of the unit.

Archived