So death company.

Sixestohit

Hey guys,

I was interested to know what peoples results are with DC now that 6th has been on the go for a while. Drop pods? Rhinos? Lots of Power axes? Bolters?

I've been trying mine out in different ways and found all of them relatively decent, the problem I have is I need to build them whichever way is going to be best as my army is all forgeworld and I can't afford to go and buy 5 different dc squads built up differently.

What's the best you've found?

James.

Ive had great success with 12 on foot with bolters and two axes led by a Epistolary Librarian. They make for good midfield skirmishing units which I don't have to support with a priest for the FNP and FC. The Librarian gives them re-roll to hit for their shooting and melee, and usually I can roll up the 4+ invulnerable save for them. I mainly use them because they can operate isolated from the rest of the army, while taking down just about anything with 4 attacks each after rapid-firing 2 more shots before the assault.

I really want to try the all DC army....

I am almost there 15 jumppackers painted and a podded DC in progress. I have a black Death Company raven already just flown by normal aircrew.

Podded DC with bolters and 2 power fists. Otherwise 8 jumppack DC with an infernus pistol an axe a power sword and a fist /hammer they can do almsot anything. Keep the libby handy to buff them.

Thats my setting for an 3000 points list.

Reclusiarch

- Plasma Pistol

Deathcompany

15 Death Company

- 8 x Chainsword

- 5 x Powerlance

- 2 x Powerhammer

+ - Land Raider Crusader

- Multimelter

- Extra Armor

- - - > 710 Points

With the lances you get strength 6 on the charge very usefull against big units like tyranids or chaos demons. They are my hammer on the field

and devour everything they find. (even assault terminator)

Not played DC since 4th Ed and as I'm currently revamping my Blood Angels (no pun intended) and, after reading this posting I am now considering reconfiguring my old DC models and building an 8 man DC squad with JP, 2 fists, Infernus pistol and bolt guns. I'm expecting a rush of Chaos Marines at my club and I think this load out should be effective against MEQ.

Currently I love Power Axes in my DC, two axes cost 30pts vs 1 fist costs 25pts. Now, I think 1 Fist is certainly worth merit for the Anti-walker (especially depending on how good or bad those new Chaos walkers turn out). But rather than 2 Fists (50pts), I'd go with 1 Fist and 2 Axes (55pts) for nearly the same price.

And my results are on par with everyone else's---- 8 Death Company with 2 specials and re-rolls of any sort (Prescience Librarian or Chaplain) will simply rip straight through any target you can imagine (except perhaps 10 man-Paladin squad or 10-man TH-SS Terminators with FnP... things like that). DC on the charge are useful even down to the last 2 men as well.

A quick question gents; i have tried running 10 DC with bolters and 3 fists in a pod a couple of times but havent really had an opportunity to utilise the 3 fists as they usually get shot/assaulted down to 1 or 2 at best.

So with this in mind is it worth the 3rd fist or should i save myself the points?

Cheers,

Arryn

Archived