Heresy Era Blood Angels.

Sixestohit

As of yet, no! ^_^

I've been toying with the emperors children (thanks for your comments in the other thread by the way) but think I'll be taking your advice and sticking with my angels!

My spartan assault tank arrived today so I'm going to make a start building that, then it's back to painting the rest of this 20 man tactical squad up! Should have more results later this week ^_^

James.

Not a huge update, but got an assault marine done. I would have had more painting time, but I was building the spartan assault tank this week. I didn't even get the damned thing fully built because I need to wait for some blood angel doors arriving!

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd354/Jamesthegreatest/DSCF2823_zpse0378a98.jpghttp://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd354/Jamesthegreatest/DSCF2814_zpsbc5c5817.jpg

James.

He looks great, but as Quixus has pointed out, squad numbers usually go on the right shoulder pad and Chapter symbol goes on the left. But it's not too much of a problem, because your beautiful painting counter the fluff mistake :P

I'm looking forward to the next update!

Ludovic

Hey guys, thanks for all the wonderful comments.

I put the BA icon on the right hand shoulder because when I started playing that's where the chapter icon went :)

As this was a 30k project, and I was rewinding time I decided to rewind time on the models too and put the angels icon on the right as a kind of nod back to older times :)

I should have probably explained that earlier :)

@Snorri: I use Vallejo matt spray acrylic :)

James.

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous models, big thumbs up from me. :(

I really like the reversing of the icons and squad numbers, the single roman numeral really does give them a Legion feel. The little bits of gold really do make the models pop.

Really looking forward to seeing more.

As this was a 30k project, and I was rewinding time I decided to rewind time on the models too and put the angels icon on the right as a kind of nod back to older times :tu:
I wasn't even concerned with the paint job. I just thought those shoulder pads should have the shorter part of the extra brass/copper plate in front so that you could use a bolter or other "longarm" more easily.

@Doghouse: Thanks, that means a lot to me! Oddly enough, I've just spent the last couple of days reading your thread a few times over for a side project I'm doing with some truescale heresy Raven Guard ;)

@Quixus: Ah I see what you mean, and I agree. It looked kind of wrong to me too, but blame forgeworld, that's the way they have them built on their website! :lol:

@Night Runner: Many thanks, you're too kind.

James.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, been a while!

I've been working on my True Scale Blood Angels Contemptor, which was built by a friend. Here's a shot of him:

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd354/Jamesthegreatest/1-8.jpg

I've got a few more pics of him up over at our heresy blog at:

James.

Originally when Steve made him he was a luna wolf, so I think it might be a Cthonian doggie or something, they breed them big there ya know! :)

Quick fluffy stuff: He saved one of the mournival on Murder, got dead and stuck in a dreadnought, was awarded said pely from the mournival for his sacrifice. :teehee:

James.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived