Raven with locator beacon

Ellevild

First of all, hello to all of you! New to this forum, but a BA player for a year now.

I have been running ravens in all my games, 5th and 6th editiion, and I love to play with them. They where ok in 5th and now in 6th, I believe that they are tools for winning.

I usually run 1 in <1500 and to in >1500. I have only used Skies of blood a couple of times, Though it is dangerous, but with the interceptor guns popping up in games, I can se a big potential in using SoB. Interceptors are shooting in the end of your movement phase, so a Raven can fly in and unload before the shot, and the cargo will be safe from s10 hits from a crash.

NOW! The big question is: does a unit disembarking from a raven scatter if the raven is equipped with a locator beacon?

I have searched alooot of forums for an answer, even writing to GW, but unfortunately it hasnt been faq'ed...

C:BA, p. 38.

Hit it!

I'm pretty sure it works for skies of blood, as long as you position yourself within 6'' around the raven and more importantly, if the raven was on the field at the beginning of turn. Which limits the usefulness quite a bit in my opinion, because most of the times you would rather just go to hovermode and assault than use skies of blood in the turn after you arrived.

I'm pretty sure it works for skies of blood, as long as you position yourself within 6'' around the raven and more importantly, if the raven was on the field at the beginning of turn.

That's the key right there. Since you're coming in from reserve the beacon has no effect that turn. Later on you could use this with vanguard vets to soon over, drop out without scattering, and charge unmolested. Not the answer you were looking for but a neat trick either way.

I'm pretty sure it works for skies of blood, as long as you position yourself within 6'' around the raven and more importantly, if the raven was on the field at the beginning of turn. Which limits the usefulness quite a bit in my opinion, because most of the times you would rather just go to hovermode and assault than use skies of blood in the turn after you arrived.

Of course...damn...could have been cool, but usually it is a CC unit I bring in the raven, so you are right about going to hover mode. I just saw some possibilities with plasma HG or sternguard squads...or Template-king fragdread...

Thanks! Great forum...

Archived