How to equip Chaos Terminators?

Cmdr Shepard

However you equip them, don't put them in combat with hammernaters, unless your unit is sheltering Yabba Dabba or a Khorne Lord with that Daemon Axe. Anything less then that will get slaughtered by their hammers & 3++ saves, unless you've managed to whittle the hammerers down to half your number or less before joining combat.

However you equip them, don't put them in combat with hammernaters, unless your unit is sheltering Yabba Dabba or a Khorne Lord with that Daemon Axe. Anything less then that will get slaughtered by their hammers & 3++ saves, unless you've managed to whittle the hammerers down to half your number or less before joining combat.

Totally! As I mentioned on the previous page I think our terminators shine as support units, assassins, predators.

Dropping them into the horde of your enemy will get them killed quickly, the same can be said for Hammernators but the 3++ makes up a bit for that.

Cheers,

I'm going to have to do some reconverting of models to fit the new equipment restrictions (particularly annoying since I like the look of the "heavy guy" with heavy flamer and power fist)

Heavy flamer terminator seems to be able to take a fist. The rule for the heavy flamer is outside the "upgrade ranged weapon OR cc weapon" ruleset.

I'm going to have to do some reconverting of models to fit the new equipment restrictions (particularly annoying since I like the look of the "heavy guy" with heavy flamer and power fist)

Heavy flamer terminator seems to be able to take a fist. The rule for the heavy flamer is outside the "upgrade ranged weapon OR cc weapon" ruleset.

I suppose the same applies to the reaper autocannon...

It's the stupidest thing in the world and I can't believe they did it. Prettymuch everyone has at least a couple of illegal minis now. Maybe it's a mistake and will be FAQed? I'm glad I haven't built mine yet, anyway.

I am in the "illegal" club as well. Should have done as Smurf and magnitized from the start. But meh, its not the end of the world. Removing an arm is easy. But what annoys me is that I shall have to buy a lot of power mauls and swords etc. (and termie parts are stupidly expensive compared to their value) But thats a 6ed problem in general.

Wait.....what happened?

Terminators can now only upgrade their power weapon to a claw/fist OR their combi-bolter to a combi-weapon, not both. The reaper and heavy flamer are on a seperate list, however, so they can be taken on a model with melee upgrades. Plus, the Champ takes his upgrades from the Armory, so he has no restrictions either.

I think upgrading the Champion melee weapon is not a good idea. It seem we'll have to pay as much as the IC upgrades. For example a chainfist should cost nearly as much as a single terminator.

I suppose I'll give an Axe and gift of mutation to the Champion and a couple of chainfists to standard Termies (who should cost 2 points less than loyalist chainfist TDA, marks excluded, of course :D )

I'm inclined to think this too, I'd wait a bit before breaking dwn and remaking your terminator squads.

By all means, break your Terminator squads down - in order to magnetize them. <_<

I just calculated the probable cost of the 10 men TDA I'd want to play.

With 2 chainfists, 2 claws (on two different models), 2 reaper autocannons, MoT and Veterans of the long war they hit 480 pts.

Do you think they are two expensive for what they can achieve?

My Justaerin squad is 490.

MoK, Icon of Wrath, VotLW, Gift of mutation, 1 chainfist, 1 pair of LC, 2 PF, 3 combi weapons, 1 Autocannon and 1 Heavy flamer.

From me to you, it coulb be a good idea to break the unit in two or three. That unit is pretty hard to field under 2k points battle.

I just calculated the probable cost of the 10 men TDA I'd want to play.

With 2 chainfists, 2 claws (on two different models), 2 reaper autocannons, MoT and Veterans of the long war they hit 480 pts.

Do you think they are two expensive for what they can achieve?

Yes... & no.

Reapers are a silly price, I'd rather have 5 combi-plasmas. You can probably drop the claws since you already have tons of AP3 attacks, saves a few points ;)

MOT & VoTLW are both nice.

The thing re: claw/fist or combi is just daft & I don't think it's a mistake unless GW simply don't employ proof reading.

They still die like runts to TH/SS Terminators, oh well that's life in the 40k world I guess.

Dallas

Archived