Gunslingers

Tamwulf

Finally got some free time to start working on this impressive unit. More to come!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Tamwulf/DAGunslinger2_zpsa39597dd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Tamwulf/DAGunslinger5_zps77ce505e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Tamwulf/DAGunslinger8_zpsf745fbec.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Tamwulf/DAGunslinger4_zps047662ae.jpg

@Stobz - you can buy the backpacks separately. Or at least you could. Not sure if that changed with the huge finecast bitz release.

I was thinking of doing this myself with the new gunslinger rule, and the fact that DA are rumored to be getting a unit dedicated to this. But I won't do anything until after the new codex is released. It will be interesting to see how those work on the table.

@Stobz - you can buy the backpacks separately. Or at least you could. Not sure if that changed with the huge finecast bitz release.

Cheers, I did not know that...shuffles off to GW site :)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1860240

That should make it a bit easier. Hurry before they become resin!

Yup- I made a pretty large bitz order a couple years ago for shoulder pads, backpacks, and a whole bunch of DA Upgrade Sprues right before they went way up in price. At the time, it was cheaper to buy the upgrade sprue then it was to buy the box set. ;)

Cypher just got out of a bath of Simple Green. That stuff is amazing for stripping paint! I highly recommend it. It's safe, non-toxic, and about as friendly as you can get to the environment. I use a 50/50 mix of Simple Green to Water, soak the mini overnight, then use an old toothbrush and the paint just "peels" off.

I thought I was going to have to do some extensive conversions, but this was all a simple arm swap- didn't even have to cut or replace anything.

This is a really, really easy unit to put together, and as far as how well they do on the Tabletop? Eh, it's more of a gimmick thing than anything. My plan is to place them in a DP and drop them in front of the enemy's Nasty Troops, and shoot them to death. What will really help is a Librarian with Prescience to allow for rerolls. On top of that, the sheer amount of snap shots from overwatch, and the fact that they can hurt light armor, all adds up to a very shooty unit. They are no slouch in close combat either. They each have two base attacks, and with two pistols it's +1 more. Three attacks base, four on the charge- not that I'd ever charge anything with these guys. It's all about the shooting! Don't forget, they all have grenades and can take Meltabombs. Their weakness? They are Space Marines with a 3+ Armor Save and can be dealt with accordingly. I doubt very much that we'll be able to do this in the next codex. :P

Yup- I made a pretty large bitz order a couple years ago for shoulder pads, backpacks, and a whole bunch of DA Upgrade Sprues right before they went way up in price. At the time, it was cheaper to buy the upgrade sprue then it was to buy the box set. B)

Cypher just got out of a bath of Simple Green. That stuff is amazing for stripping paint! I highly recommend it. It's safe, non-toxic, and about as friendly as you can get to the environment. I use a 50/50 mix of Simple Green to Water, soak the mini overnight, then use an old toothbrush and the paint just "peels" off.

I thought I was going to have to do some extensive conversions, but this was all a simple arm swap- didn't even have to cut or replace anything.

This is a really, really easy unit to put together, and as far as how well they do on the Tabletop? Eh, it's more of a gimmick thing than anything. My plan is to place them in a DP and drop them in front of the enemy's Nasty Troops, and shoot them to death. What will really help is a Librarian with Prescience to allow for rerolls. On top of that, the sheer amount of snap shots from overwatch, and the fact that they can hurt light armor, all adds up to a very shooty unit. They are no slouch in close combat either. They each have two base attacks, and with two pistols it's +1 more. Three attacks base, four on the charge- not that I'd ever charge anything with these guys. It's all about the shooting! Don't forget, they all have grenades and can take Meltabombs. Their weakness? They are Space Marines with a 3+ Armor Save and can be dealt with accordingly. I doubt very much that we'll be able to do this in the next codex. :P

Actually, the rumor is that we're getting a unit specifically designed for that, and also with power mauls for extra CC goodness.

Yup- I made a pretty large bitz order a couple years ago for shoulder pads, backpacks, and a whole bunch of DA Upgrade Sprues right before they went way up in price. At the time, it was cheaper to buy the upgrade sprue then it was to buy the box set. B)

This is a really, really easy unit to put together, and as far as how well they do on the Tabletop? Eh, it's more of a gimmick thing than anything. My plan is to place them in a DP and drop them in front of the enemy's Nasty Troops, and shoot them to death. What will really help is a Librarian with Prescience to allow for rerolls. On top of that, the sheer amount of snap shots from overwatch, and the fact that they can hurt light armor, all adds up to a very shooty unit. They are no slouch in close combat either. They each have two base attacks, and with two pistols it's +1 more. Three attacks base, four on the charge- not that I'd ever charge anything with these guys. It's all about the shooting! Don't forget, they all have grenades and can take Meltabombs. Their weakness? They are Space Marines with a 3+ Armor Save and can be dealt with accordingly. I doubt very much that we'll be able to do this in the next codex. ;)

i don't think you can cast prescience when you deepstrike, gotta double check that though. I believe since its cast at the beginning of the movement phase, you can't. But it doesn't say this specifically.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update! Been busy. Here are my guys with a little bit of base work done to them. I'm going for a ruined city scape environment for these guys, so I cut up some sprues and glued them to the base. Next, I added a little bit of slate basing material to each model. I let some of my work stick out from the bases to give them a less 'Toy Soldier' look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Tamwulf/IMG_0595_zps350ee7a9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Tamwulf/IMG_0594_zps72d596cc.jpg

Next step: Primer!

Whats a Dark Angel using a melta gun for ? for shame :)

Because a Dark Angel with a Plasma Gun can't assault the turn he shoots it. :) And that Meltagun makes all the difference when facing some big gribble or tank. :devil:

Archived