Imperial Fists Beta testing

Phalanx Warder

So i have done (for the most part) with my Soul Drinkers army and with the HH betrayal book form forgeworld, its time to start the imperial fist army i always wanted (i lacked the skill to paint yellow).

what you will see is some pictures of an Imperial Fist devastator, this is a test model for the 30k force i plan to build from the forgeworld range. I do have one slight problem this dude is panted in "golden yellow", I put up a request for a tutorial, for a fist in the new paint range.

Anyway let me know your thoughts and comments as this will greatly affect how i go about painting my guys, thanks.

gallery_63665_7776_10162.jpg

gallery_63665_7776_116964.jpg

Looks to me like you know everything you need to. If you are happy with the tone you have achieved then its just practice practice practice. if not than try a couple of tester marines. You could add lyanden Darksun to get a more dessert yellow (the method I prefer).or sunburst yellow for a paler finish.

Pay special attention to the shading and never go as dark as black.

Looks like you're off to a good start, looking forward to seeing more.

Welcome to the Phalanx. ^_^

Looking good so far. I did do a review of some paints in the Imperial Fists Discussion Thread, and fond that Coat d'arms Golden Yellow is almost an exact match to the old Citadel Golden Yellow.

Looking forward to the 30k stuff!

There is an awful lot of Imperial Fists lovin' recently, have I missed something??

Anyway, Ive seen a fair few brightly coloured yellow and red Imperial Fists which is all good and well, but its meant to be a grimdark universe. So your grimy yellow with black detailing Imperial Fists look suitably brutal.

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

Grimdark is an atmosphere not a colour scheme haha! You could put a marine in baby blue power armour with orange polkadots and if he's covered in mud and blood and strangling a traitor marine to death with his own intestines....... its grimdark.

Archived