Eclipse of Hope

Blindhamster

So, anyone else here read it? I found it to be a pretty good read and a nice look into the mindset of Mephiston, there were some very interesting hints in it too... that Mephiston really isn't Callistarius, but rather something that wears his body... the final paragraph and mentioning a mist chance at salvation was interesting too!

anyone have any thoughts on this eshort?

Have yet to read it, I am a big Mephiston fan so actually need it.

I am not suprised Mephiston is not his old self anymore even a Daemon Prince said he was something more akin to a Daemon.

PS You can put your stuff in spoilermarks quite easily!

I bought this last night and just read it this afternoon and wow was it good!

*spoilers*

The struggle inside Mephiston's mind is an interesting one. I don't see it as a Daemonic one though and more one of a self-doubt. To me the use of the term resurrection suggests more of an awakening than a possession. More akin to the black Rage I think the memories and will of Sanguinius is locked deep within the BA gene-seed and this is what has awoken in side Mephiston, but his internal struggle to accept this and and the doubt cast upon him by daemons has clouded his judgment and tainted his perception.

Edit: spelling

I bought this last night and just read it this afternoon and wow was it good!

*spoilers*

The struggle inside Mephiston's mind is an interesting one. I don't see it as a Daemonic one though and more one of a self-doubt. To me the use of the term resurrection suggests more of an awakening than a possession. More akin to the black Rage I think the memories and will of Sanguinius is looked deep within the BA gene-seed and this is what has awoken in side Mephiston, but his internal struggle to accept this and and the doubt cast upon him by daemons has clouded his judgment and tainted his perception.

After reading it myself I agree!

as always, I stand by the view that Fear to Tread was good and that the ebooks by Swallow are pretty good, even the latter two Blood Angel novels by him weren't that bad, IMO, he's improving at writing Blood Angels.

In fairness, the only two authors that I believe have 'got' the chapters they wrote about are Graham McNeil's Ultramarines, and mostly because he doesn't focus on the actual ultramarines and ADBs Night Lords (whereas I wasn't over-keen on the first heretic word bearer book).

I think it's probably just a case of sometimes Authors need some time to get into a chapter to do them justice. It's also equally BLs fault for accepting (and possibly suggesting?) certain plots in the first place.

That being said, I do really like the idea of this other guy doing a book, or series focused on Mephiston

Personally I don't get the time to read full books, so I'd much rather they keep up the short stories as a series rather than it be turned in to a teaser for full novel.

Ok ok if it was made in to a full book I'd have to read it now I've read this one!

Archived