Flying transport disembarkation

Shaggy12009

I was reading the transport and flyer sections again and I noticed something interesting. Pg 79 says "if the vehicle had not moved before the unit disembarked, the vehicle can then move normally". If I disembark from a storm raven before the raven moves can the raven then zoom off in the same turn? The way I read it, since the raven hasn't moved yet it is neither in a hover or zoom mode.

I believe you are in the mode you were previously until such time as you change it. Therefore, if you came on zooming, switched to hover, and then surviced one more turn, I believe you could indeed embark, and then hit zoom.

I dont think you can come on zooming, be in a weird state of rules/grav limbo and then decide again.

We had this discussion before, in which I played devil's advocate in the same manner you are Shaggy. I ended up defeating my argument by finding a sentence in one of the paragraphs. Find the old thread for quotes, but basically it was like this:

Flier's default movement is zoom, some fliers can chose to enter hover mode at the beginning of their movement. So until you chose to enter hover that turn, you are zooming that turn.

Archived