DV WIP

irwit

Hi all

Decided I should really get my own WIP thread here as I spend so much time perving on everyone elses :D

Got my office complete this weekend so I could finally try out my airbrush and spray booth setup with some of the Vallejo Air I got recently, and what better models than the DV kit. I'm trying out some styles before starting a new army. The guy on the left has no damage and guys in middle and right have the hairspray technique used on them for damage. Which do you guys think is looks best?

gallery_65482_7785_504892.jpg

Hope you like.

Will

Hi all

Decided I should really get my own WIP thread here as I spend so much time perving on everyone elses :lol:

Got my office complete this weekend so I could finally try out my airbrush and spray booth setup with some of the Vallejo Air I got recently, and what better models than the DV kit. I'm trying out some styles before starting a new army. The guy on the left has no damage and guys in middle and right have the hairspray technique used on them for damage. Which do you guys think is looks best?

gallery_65482_7785_504892.jpg

Hope you like.

Will

Wow awesome paint job on all 3 models but my favourite is tge marine on the far right . The colour looks good and the battle damage is just awesome I'd love too see a unit of those painted like that

Hey man

Glad you like them, my Mrs says that is her favourite too but I like the guy on the left. I'm going to order some weathering powders and see if I can get some damage that isn't so extreme as the hairspray technique. Also may try some varnishes as they are supposed to help using washes too.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback, more to come soon hopefully!

Not on me but try Google. You need an airbrush really. Prime your model, then base coat a brownish layer, this is your Rust, you can add some texture and highlights to it. Then wait till totally dry and add a couple of layers of hairspray, any will do. The more layers the bigger the chunks will appear. I used two layers. Then add your armour colour as usual and shade and highlight. Finally, wet your paint model and carefully rub the paint, it should slowly come off in small chunks giving you some realistic looking damage very quickly. For the model on the right I used a large coarse brush which is good for getting the edges of your model but less control. The model in the middle I used a small sculpt I g tool for more precision but less randomness. I'm still trying to find an ideal method. Then simply highlit the bottom edge of your rust.

Archived