Warlord Traits

Jolemai

Mephiston gets personal. Always.

My librarian gets either command or strategic depending on the opponent, objectives and terrain.

Generally I find personal the best, as BA already get furious charge and stuff from priests.

My lists tend to have Dante and a Librarian or Tycho and a Librarian. I always give the warlord trait to Dante or Tycho as it seems more appropriate than giving it to the librarian.

As to what I roll, it depends. Almost always I forget about them anyway.

A simple question, but a complex answer. It will all depend on 1) who the characters are and 2) what the army build is. For example, if you have say a Reclusiarch and a Libby, both with jump packs, in an all jump pack army, you might as well give it to the Reclusiarch since he will be tougher to kill. On the flipside, if you have an army that is more shooting-oriented, with a lot of units that would benefit from the Traits in the strategic table, give it to the libby and stick him out of sight somewhere.

My lists tend to have Dante and a Librarian or Tycho and a Librarian. I always give the warlord trait to Dante or Tycho as it seems more appropriate than giving it to the librarian.

There is the cheeky, gamey aspect to this. If you make the cheap librarian your warlord, you can send Dante on warlord assassination runs without fear of retribution, as if he dies taking down the enemy warlord you don't give up that particular VP of your own.

There is the cheeky, gamey aspect to this. If you make the cheap librarian your warlord, you can send Dante on warlord assassination runs without fear of retribution, as if he dies taking down the enemy warlord you don't give up that particular VP of your own.

I know, I just feel cheap doing that. Also, my ICs play very aggressively, so Dante is far more survivable than a librarian.

Generally always (well always, only played a few games so far...) with the "roll 2 dice, pick highest for run" or the "+1 to your charge range" and I ALWAYS forget about them <_< always find out after the game I had an extra inch of breathing space on charges... Same goes for the run, people alwaysh ave to remind me when im running... "dude, roll 2 pick highest"

Oh...right :D

i dont know it feels kinda stapled on atm. Some of the powers are WAY more usefull then others... Abit unbalanced if you ask me...

^this is exactly my problem. It can be very polarising. One player gets warlord is a scoring unit, whilst the other has his non-existent outflanking units getting acute senses. A space wolf player nets his unit counter-attack in his own DZ, whilst his opponent's Ghaz gets a bonus VP for everything he kills in a challenge. Or whoever deploys second getting princeps of deceit. It just seems a little unbalanced to me that one player can get an absolutely godly warlord trait, whilst the other player's one is literally useless.

I usually roll on either command or strategic. Personal seems a bit weak for a librarian. There's some decent options in both others though; I'll usually take command, because there's no 'dead' traits there, whereas the strategic table ones are more powerful, but there's a chance I'll get a useless trait.

Archived