Blood Guardians

Hey, I have been a lurker and have posted some things of mine on here, but i decided to actually make a thread for the painted minis of my marines.

Here is my four man command squad for my Second Company Captain, first as individual ones, (will get a group shot taken when the battery recharges):

First off is Veteran Valtaire:

gallery_57723_7795_796856.jpg

Second is Veteran Aquilinace:

gallery_57723_7795_461599.jpg

Third is Kaldorus:

gallery_57723_7795_810918.jpg

and fourth is Daltaire:

gallery_57723_7795_595789.jpg

i will get the fifth member built when i get a command squad set and build the standard bearer to my liking. I also have several Chaos models, both Chaos Space Marines and Daemons. i will also post them in this thread as well, upon posting all my space marines.

C&C welcomed

You need to thin your paint. Rather 2-3 thin coats than one thick one. Furthermore, washes are your friend - quick shading that adds depth (something your minis lack but that may be the colour scheme. I'd suggest browsing the Black Templar site to check out black done well).

Also, drill out the barrels of those weapons, an Imperial Saint dies each time we don't.

Out of curiosity, which sized brush are you using? It looks to me as though you're using one that's a bit too big, a nice fine tipped brush could help with paint cleanliness. Brush control and patience is also important. These models are small and have a lot of details on them, there's no need to rush them! :)

Another thing is that you should add a bit of colour variety to the models to spice them up a bit. The soft under armour at the joints should be black rather than red on those Assault Marines. I would also recommend not using black paint for anything else than things that need to be black. An example is the Plasma Pistol and Bolt Pistol casings. Why use black when you can have another colour that stands out a bit more? That way, the details doesn't get faded away.

On the subject of details, I'd definitely recommend using some washes (or Shades, as I believe they're called now). A simple black wash all over the model is a good way to start. It's easy and makes details stick out as well as adding some simple shading!

Your models are a good start, and it's great to see that you're asking for and accepting advice! Keep on working on this, I look forward to seeing more from you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived