Flesh of Cretacia and the Stromark Massacre

Kurgan the Lurker

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/dreadnoug...-drop-pods.html

Judging by your comments and emails, you all loved our blog on Neil Roberts’s artwork yesterday. So we thought we’d treat you to another new art-piece today.

This eerie image by Clint Langley will form the cover for ‘The Stromark Massacre’. This is a new Space Marine Battles audio drama from Andy Smillie and C Z Dunn, which will be available at the Black Library Weekender in November. The picture shows two squads of Space Marines. On the left, there is a Terminator squad from the Flesh Tearers, just visible through the smoke and flames. There’s also a picture of more Terminators from the front of the ‘Flesh of Cretacia’ cover (another Flesh Tearers title from Andy Smillie, but we’ll talk more about that next week).

On the right, you can see a trio of Dreadnoughts from the Angels Encarmine chapter. As a Blood Angels successor, they have an affinity for fallen warriors interred within these colossal fighting machines.

To get a copy of this awesome new audio drama, you’ll need to get your ticket to the Black Library Weekender. There you’ll be able to get this along with several other exclusive products and even meet the authors in person.

If you want to hear more Blood Angels audio drama action, download Bloodspire or Heart of Rage to keep you going until then.

gallery_2_3711_32064.jpg

gallery_2_3711_5829.jpg

gallery_2_3711_16924.jpg

gallery_2_3711_43531.jpg

More info today:

Angel Exterminatus is the brand new Horus Heresy novel from Graham McNeill. It is also the first of our new range of collector’s editions, featuring hardback covers, exclusive internal artwork and an author afterword.

These new editions of the Horus Heresy will form part of an exciting new range of Games Workshop Exclusive titles. There will be a new title in your Hobby Centre every month, including all of the new Horus Heresy books as well as exclusive novellas. These won’t be available in book shops, but there’s no need to panic if you don’t live near a Games Workshop Hobby Centre, as you’ll still be able to get your copy from blacklibrary.com.

The second of these new titles, released in November, will be Flesh of Cretacia, a Flesh Tearers Space Marine Battles novella by Andy Smillie. Set shortly after the tumultuous events of the Horus Heresy, Flesh of Cretatia sees the newly founded Flesh Tearers establishing their homeworld. Check out Clint Langley’s fantastic cover artwork:

If this looks familiar, it’s because we showed you a sneak peek of the art in Thursday’s blog. Below you can see Amit, the lead character in the novella, in his Terminator armour. Armed with dual chainfists and storm bolters, he looks ready for anything the galaxy can throw at him. He’s accompanied by a banner bearer, proudly displaying the new Chapter’s insignia.

Be sure to check the blog tomorrow when Andy Smillie will be joining us to chat about novellas, Flesh Tearers and the myriad ways there are to kill things.

In the meantime, keep yourself busy by setting reminders for Angel Exterminatus and Flesh of Cretacia.

Posted by The Black Library Team

Amit, first Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers:

gallery_2_3711_130965.jpg

gallery_2_3711_28941.jpg

Okay that picture of Amit has got me trying to figure out if it would be worth it to take a Captain in termi armor w/ chainfist and lightning claw (modeled as 2 chainfists that just can be used either way in cc game wise)

Could always use a reclusiarch - for fearless and the re-roll to hit on first turn. Be great with some assault termis / termis.

lol the little finger is obscured in each case.

I've ordered the parts to build my Amit. That's my GD entry for 2013 sorted! Amit and body guard! Best 40k squad here I come!

I shall be attempting to challenge that with Dante and Honour Guard lol.

the Calgar arms certainly seem an obvious choice for Amit based on this artwork. Though I'd do Amit as he appeared in Fear to Tread, he just sounded cooler IMO

Amit, first Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers:

gallery_2_3711_130965.jpg

I converted Tyberos into a Terminator Captain for my Angels and thought he looked like a complete beast. Amit looks like he'd break him in half and ask where the real fight was.

I want this model made GW. Charge whatever you want.

Archived