Getting a stormtalon in the army?

Brother Tancred

I want to ally a stormtalon into my DA army but not sure if I want to paint a vanilla marine chapter to add to my army. I was wondering if anyone here has painted or thinks it is a good idea to paint up the talon and some marines as one of the successor chapters to represent the allies? I'm thinking maybe disciples of caliban as I like the colour scheme and it is different enough to my DA while at the same time keeps a sense of cohesion to the army as a whole.

I want to ally a stormtalon into my DA army but not sure if I want to paint a vanilla marine chapter to add to my army. I was wondering if anyone here has painted or thinks it is a good idea to paint up the talon and some marines as one of the successor chapters to represent the allies? I'm thinking maybe disciples of caliban as I like the colour scheme and it is different enough to my DA while at the same time keeps a sense of cohesion to the army as a whole.

I made mine in DA green and use a suitable Allies List (with my DA Green models) to include him in.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/pueriexdeus/IMG_1650.jpg

@pueriexdeus - Nice work on that Stormtalon! Wow.

I have this model myself (assembled but not painted) and am very disappointed that it seems that it is only Codex Space Marines capable at this time. If any vehicle screams "Ravenwing", this is it. I personally feel it looks really nice supporting Landspeeder and Bike Armies, but GW has only given it the White Scar love in most of the postings. Any suggestions on a simple allied list that pairs nicely with the contents of the Dark Vengeance box?

You can always make a DIY chapter. Maybe a bunch of dyslexic marines known as the Dark Angles.

Groan Jokes like that will get you a warning for poor taste :D. But it's also not fun for dyslexics :P

Archived