Returning to the battlefield

bluepillredpill

So I've done my introduction in the introduce yourself page but thought I would expand on it a bit more and look to get some steer on where to take my army.

It's been 18 years since I last rolled dice to determine the outcome of a shooting phase, whether a unit survived being gunned down by an advancing army.

Was tempted back in by the release of Dark Vengeance and decided to continue expanding on the Dark Angel (previously played Space Wolves I know don't hold it against me)

So have picked a number of units since I picked up DV (listed below includes the DV items)

HQ

Samael

Integrator Chaplin

Libarian

Company Master

Elites

1 Close Combat Deathwing Squads

2 Assault Deathwings Squads

1 Dreadnought

1 Scout Squad - 5 Man

1 Veteran Squad - 5 Man

Troops

5 Tactical Marine Squads 10 Man - Various heavy/special weapons to call upon

Fast Attack

6 Ravenwing Bikes

1 Land Speeder

1 Assault Squad - 10 Man

Heavy Attack

1 Devastator Squad - 5 Man

Transport

2 Rhinos

1 Drop Pod

Fortifications

Aegis Defense line

Played my 1st one on one game last night against necrons which was interesting, a 1500 points game which to be honest I stuggled to find a happy load that I wanted to deploy

So really what I'm looking for is some steer or thoughts on how I can build my army up and ways to optimise when playing smaller point games

What points value are you looking at to play?

And onto expanding your army, you already have a great pool of models. I would hold off on buying anything till the new codex comes out.

I should of mentioned I'm holding off buying more the now, can smell that new codex.

Really looking at 1500 then blocks of 500 there on

Lack of heavy weapon is a concern of mine

Last night necron had a monolith, ctan, 3 troop units, destroyer lord and some fast attack(forget the name off them)

I do feel like a noob all over again as I'm so rusty

One thing you can't go wrong with is a couple predators. I prefer the autocannon, side sponson heavy bolter load out myself. It puts out a decent amount of firepower and av13 front is nothing to snear at. It won't drop marines very fast, but it'll make most xenos armies think twice about leaving cover. I can give you my 1500 pt list if you want. It does quite well but you'd need a couple more terminators to run it.

One thing you can't go wrong with is a couple predators. I prefer the autocannon, side sponson heavy bolter load out myself. It puts out a decent amount of firepower and av13 front is nothing to snear at. It won't drop marines very fast, but it'll make most xenos armies think twice about leaving cover. I can give you my 1500 pt list if you want. It does quite well but you'd need a couple more terminators to run it.

Thanks for the offer indigojack, wouldnt mind seeing what you're running with

Belial

Mortis Dreadnought 2/ x2 twin-linked lascannons

DW w/ x5 TH/SS, CML

x3 DW w/ x4 TH/SS, CML, chainfist

x2 typhoon speeders w/ multi-meltas

Predator w/ autocannon and side sponson heavy bolters

Sometimes I replace the lascannons on the dreadnought with autocannons and take an apothecary. This list does rather well. The dreadnought handles flyers, the speeders and CMLs take on tanks, and the predator is great as a harassment unit. Against shooty armies I'll deep strike the termies to close range quickly and keep them from firing too many bullets at me before I can assault them. THe nly disadvantage of this list is that it probably won't hold up in the new codex since it takes advantage of a lot of underpriced upgrades in the current codex.

Archived