Master of Deception

Iron Sage

Master of Deception reads as follows:

"Nominate up to D3 Infantry units in your army before deployment. Those units gain the Infiltrate special rule"

What I, and most probably many others, wants to know, is if this means that one can infiltrate dedicated transports according to RAW.

I.e. Does this mean that I could infiltrate a land raider with terminators, or a rhino with some boys?

Master of Deception reads as follows:

"Nominate up to D3 Infantry units in your army before deployment. Those units gain the Infiltrate special rule"

What I, and most probably many others, wants to know, is if this means that one can infiltrate dedicated transports according to RAW.

I.e. Does this mean that I could infiltrate a land raider with terminators, or a rhino with some boys?

As per the BGB pg. 38 "Infiltrate" - you can, but the unit must be deployed (only) in the dedicated vehicle.

Doesnt seem right to me, but it looks quite clear - go team chaos!!!!!!

Eh, lulz...

If true, thats absurd.

Not complaining however. Land raiders with terminators, if true, will hit the lines in turn 1...Or can outflank and murder an entire flank.

It really, really sounds quite outrageous though.

Like I said in another thread, I don't think the landraider will really be worth it in terms of cost at all this edition. I like the brashness of the strategy, but I don't really think it would work well.

Really...You doubt my rules knowledge on your army list thread and you come to these heathens to get confirmation??? I am shocked and appalled!

What the hell? I wasn't even in this conversation!

:devil:

Really...You doubt my rules knowledge on your army list thread and you come to these heathens to get confirmation??? I am shocked and appalled!

Lol! Saw this your post there after I created this one I am afraid.

As for raiders, well not that many weapons penetrate AV 14 that easilly. Can certainly be glanced to death though.

:P

DONT piss off the heathens...theres a lot of them and they all seem, well - malevolant.

Land raiders with terminators, if true, will hit the lines in turn 1...Or can outflank and murder an entire flank.

It really, really sounds quite outrageous though.

I guess you could probably pull this off, RAW. You'd neeed to buy our laughable imitation of a land raider, though.

:P

LMAO well played sir, well played!

So...not to get this thread back on track, but I'm gonna get this thread back on track :(

The way that I would read it, is we choose D3 units to infiltrate, and if they have a specific dedicated transport, then it comes with them for the ride (or...as the ride?? :P)

So I doubt we could take a squad of power armored marines and infiltrate a landraider for them since their ONLY dedicated vehicles are Rhinos...But that's not a bad rule at all.

So...not to get this thread back on track, but I'm gonna get this thread back on track :(

The way that I would read it, is we choose D3 units to infiltrate, and if they have a specific dedicated transport, then it comes with them for the ride (or...as the ride?? :P)

So I doubt we could take a squad of power armored marines and infiltrate a landraider for them since their ONLY dedicated vehicles are Rhinos...But that's not a bad rule at all.

I'd lean more towards this determination, but who knows? They will probably have to clarify if it's DT's only or any transport given to an infantry unit. I do think Termies, since they can take take it as a DT, can infiltrate with this Warlord Trait should they roll it. I guess it will depend on how you like to serve your termies up to your opponents.... If you don't mind bringing them into your deployment zone from the start, instead of deep striking in, then this is not a big deal and a possible bonus for ya. If your a deep striking kinda guy then it's not gonna be worth the risk. Me? I think it could be worth it, allowing me to serve up that can of "fool- whip" (thanks Mr. T for that gem) that much faster should I roll it. That much better if I roll 3... ;)

~BtW

Its clear only dedicated trsnsports can infiltrate and only if the unit is deployed inside it, so only termies for a raider though posessed csm chosen and havoks can do it in a rhino. Could be cool to tankshock with a destroyer raider and deploy havoks in opponents back field.

Also does this apply to dreads to infiltrate as a "unit"?

Also, the master of deception is a warlord abillity and you can only have one warlord in your army.

Sorry, I'm not doubting you, but can you point me where it's written? I can't find it.

Page 111 in the small book, and I am guessing its the same page in the big one.

It pretty clearly speaks of one character. Would be pretty wierd if your army had two generals as well :P

Also, the master of deception is a warlord abillity and you can only have one warlord in your army.

Sorry, I'm not doubting you, but can you point me where it's written? I can't find it.

BRB 6th edition, pg 111 "When choosing your army, you must nominate one model to be your Warlord. This is always the HQ choice character with the highest Leadership. If several characters are tied for highest Leadership, you choose among them which is your Warlord."

Yeah you can't charge if you have first turn but as mentioned you can tank shock. You also will likely be in a good position for your Dirge Casters to be effective that way as well. Or you can position yourself to be ready for a counter-attack (providing the unit has an Mark of Khorne). Lots of possibilities. And if you are going second, well.....

~BtW

Bah Ninja'd while looking up some other stuff lol

Archived