Sorcerers

Kol Saresk

Basically, I was looking at the Sorcerer and just like the Chaos Lord, it has the option to choose from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Chaos Rewards, Special Issue Wargear and/or Chaos Artefacts. So if I'm reading that, I can give this lucky individual a Lightning Claw, Sigil of Corruption, Ichor Blood, say The Black Mace, a Mark, and psychic power(s). Am I reading that right?

Also, what is your dream sorcerer? If this is actually true, what would you do to load out your sorcerer? Obviously this build would be a little overcosted to actually be played, but then wouldn't all character builds be overcosted? :(

You are reading it right, however he does only have TWO wounds, so he can go down a bit quicker than a Lord.

I like em cheap and in a unit helping out.

So terminator armor, master level 3, The Brand. 165pts. . . Just insane efficient, stick him in a term squad and roll up three on Biomancy (or whichever you prefer) and do what he do!

Mine will geared like this: Terminator armor, force axe, sigil of corruption, MoT, spell familiar, level 2 or 3 and roll up biomancy powers. 2+/3++ saves, rerollable psychic tests, +1 strength and crazy psychic powers. He'll roll with my counts as abby and co. Talk about a badass character....

My sorcerer will have a palaquin of nurgle, sigil of corruption, mark of Nurgle, mastery level 3, that cool ap3 flamer, spell familiar, the roll on the chaos wheel of fortune plus possibly some other stuff so will have 4+ inv save, 4 wounds plus a cool flamer and re rolling failed psychic tests going crazy with powers of Nurgle.

If you take MoT, you need to roll tzeench powers or atleast one. Same goes with what ever other mark. Ill be just doing rank 3 MoS, familiar and TDA. My lord is getting the mace and brand.

Yes that's directly in the sorceror entry....thanks.

Biomancy is definitely the way to go with these guys for the most part. Might be nice to roll on our charts for a decent shooting power and then use biomancy for the other power(s).

Both going as a sorc or a lord will at least give my old DA in TDA a chance to get off the shelf...Really looking more and more at the Black Mace as an option as well... That thing seems like it would be plain wicked....2 wounds is rough though...

As a side thought .... Is the MoT the only way to improve an inv save, or does having Aura of Dark Glory on top of either TDA or Sigil of Corruption improve it one step as well?

~BtW

As a side thought .... Is the MoT the only way to improve an inv save, or does having Aura of Dark Glory on top of either TDA or Sigil of Corruption improve it one step as well?

Yup, nothing about sigil or aura actually improving a save, just gives you one if you didn't already have one.

Thanks TG... I figured that was it

Another thought, and I can't find anything on it in the BRB, but how does the +1LD from VOTLW work on characters at LD10 already, Does it go to 11? Cause I thought I remember reading somewhere that 10 was the hardcap just like with weapons that take str above 10.....

~BtW

Another thought, and I can't find anything on it in the BRB, but how does the +1LD from VOTLW work on characters at LD10 already, Does it go to 11? Cause I thought I remember reading somewhere that 10 was the hardcap just like with weapons that take str above 10.....

~BtW

Quite an interesting question. 10 is the top, I'd say. Otherwise, Matt Ward would already have given Ld5621564 to Draigo.

~BtW

Quite an interesting question. 10 is the top, I'd say. Otherwise, Matt Ward would already have given Ld5621564 to Draigo.

:lol:

Yea, on characters already at Ld10, VOTLW just adds Hatred (Space Marines). thats also why it is usually cheeper on the units that are at that point.

That's what I had been thinking, but I could hear it come up in a situation of a morale check where after subtracting the difference in wounds and having to subtract it for the check that the additional +1 could make a difference....

~BtW

Very tempted to run a nice cheap Level 3 Psyker, the spells are too awesome not to get access to. The closest to a duff spell is Gift Of Contagion providing Shrouded, but that's just fun, or Sensory Overload, but the amount of debuffs that has is really cool.

I'd probably end up giving him a familiar just to use some of the cool, old familiar models.

Not sure what I'll give my Power armour staff armed Sorcerer, but am already thinking of converting a Thousand son Sorcerer in terminator armour with force sword and chainfist, lvl 3 with pyromancy after the Tzeentch powers. Yes, my Thousand son squads have had problems dealing dreadnoughts, and I was a bit heart broking seeing that despite sorcerers getting options, Aspiring sorcerers get stuck with nothing.

Firey form would only result in a S9 chain fist attack wouldn't it?

Only? But if you're referring to the Pyromancy discipline then no, I don't think it would. I think for Aspiring Sorcerors you need to pick a discipline with a Primaris Power that you like. Which I suspect, unless you like Heavy Flamers and whatever Smite is, would limit you to Telepathy and Tzeentch.

Only? But if you're referring to the Pyromancy discipline then no, I don't think it would. I think for Aspiring Sorcerors you need to pick a discipline with a Primaris Power that you like. Which I suspect, unless you like Heavy Flamers and whatever Smite is, would limit you to Telepathy and Tzeentch.

Don't Aspiring Sorcerors need to roll on the Tzeentch table because they have the MoT?

Don't really know what mark I should give to my sorcerer.

You guys got an idea ?

See my post above. :D

Seriously, the lore of Slaanesh has 2 good powers and the primaris isn't half bad either, making it IMO the best of our book lores.

Nurgle would be a close second in my book because the mark in itself is the most useful and the lore also has 2 good powers and 1 that's ok.

Archived