Epiphany of Irony

Kol Saresk

Like the title says, this just hit me like a slap to the face with a motorcycle helmet that had been filled with concrete. I remember someone mentioned that the Dark Apostles seemed more like "Spiky Chaplains" than proper Apostles. Well, I was reading through their Codex entry and it hit me, they are Spiky Chaplains! Well, they might as well be. Now, I don't mean to spoil the mood or rain on parades. After all, we do have a new Codex and I already know of one person who had a successful match using it against the Grey Knights, and everyone does seem to think it is viable. But anyway, well look for yourselves.

Dark Apostle - Chaplain

Warpsmith - Techmarine

Chaos Lord - Space Marine Commander

Sorcerer - Librarian

Warp Talons - Veteran Assault Squad

Chosen - Sternguard

Termies - Termies

Mutilators - Think of a special Elite unit, insert here.

And well, the list goes on. But basically, we have become more like "Spikey Marines" than anyone has realized. Yes, the minis don't show this. But the actual units, their rules and even their fluff, show the Chaos Space Marines to now be a twisted reflection of the Loyalist Space Marines. I mean, wow. Personally, I still like the Codex. This thing doesn't bother me at all.

Basically we are Spiky Marines. The main part of Chaos Space Marines is to be the dark reflection of Space Marines. It would make no sense if they were totally different.

The most important is, as you said, that the minis doesn't show it. Rules seems to be ok with the new codex, every unit as something that make them different than their loyalist equivalent. Not everything so you can have your "Veterans vs Veteran" "Lord vs Commander" etc. but they all have something that make them unique

Archived