Writing in Colchisian Style

WarlordEXE

So I just got done inking some impurity seal for my new wordbearers army, and I think I might have screwed them up fluff wise. If I'm not mistaken doesn't it say in one of the books based on word bearers that colchesian is written top down and not left to right? Its been bugging me so bad that I had to make myself an account after a good year or so of lurking to ask this question :)

Aha, love that you made an account for this! I also have memories of reading this, but am not in a position to check right now so can't confirm.

If it's the case I'm sure you could make some fluff that says they've stuck their impurity seals on sideways?!

Aye, it is said that Colchisian goes from top down instead of left to right. Like ancient Cuneiform I believe. (But only us hardcore, true Word Bearer "fanboi's" are gonna nitpick you on it... You could say that it was written in High Gothic in order to offend the Imperial lap dogs if it's too good a job to change it....)

~BtW

Aye, it is said that Colchisian goes from top down instead of left to right. Like ancient Cuneiform I believe. (But only us hardcore, true Word Bearer "fanboi's" are gonna nitpick you on it... You could say that it was written in High Gothic in order to offend the Imperial lap dogs if it's too good a job to change it....)

~BtW

Yeah, in fact I think I never saw any model with WB writing in top-down style, anyway :)

I San'a saw its in dark apostle but as I'm reading it on my kindle its hard to go back ( no true page numbers to remember where I'm at). Luckily ive only done this to a few models, and I can correctnmy self on this as I go. Worse case I just go back and repaint the seals making them look like they were made out of extra chunky flesh :devil:

~BtW

Yeah, in fact I think I never saw any model with WB writing in top-down style, anyway <_<

Not the best script work by a long shot but still :P

gallery_62728_6478_672501.jpg

gallery_62728_6478_1180393.jpg

Hard to see buy on armour plates:

gallery_62728_6478_1706243.jpg

And on the Book of Lorgar attached to the icon:

gallery_62728_6478_1798898.jpg

So there ya go now you have seen some ;)

(Unless, of course, you meant GW painted models, lol)

~BtW

It's actually impossible for any (im)purity seal to be written in colchisian cuneiform since it is parchment/cloth/skin and by dint if being cuneiform - I.e. Text carved into a surface like on a wax tablet etc it can't be on a surface like that. So I don't think it matters, armour plating on the other hand seems likely that one could carve into the ceramite.

Archived