TL Las/HB Predators....

Gideon999

As the "proud" owner of two preds with TL-LAS/HB Sponsons I am very interested in anyone who has played with this config in 6th. I assembled these beasts shortly after picking up the hobby (I got into it via the Dawn of War computer games) I went with the config that worked best in the game. Which since each gun could target differnt enemies, this config worked well.

Lesson learned....

So now with 6th, and since these guys were assembled waaaay before I heard of magnetizing, I want to see if they are now more viable.

Has anyone run this config at all? Seems like it might be useful at killing flyers and still pretty good at tank hunting and general infantry killing. Overall just better than the dakka version, but of course the points cost is the REAL issue....

So anyone have any experience with these in 6th? Hoping to make them useful again without having to adap the las turret into an autocannon to use it as a dakka pred...

Thanks!

You should probably check out the discussion on Predator variants a little further down on this sub-forum. They mention all of the different types. The one you describe is definitely still the least used, as the weapons do not support each other at all. Since everything has to shoot at the same target, you should at least have some synergy between the guns.

I know what you mean. I always figured that, on a shot per shot basis, that it filled the same role as a dakka, but sacrifices one of its 8 shots in favour of making one of the remaining ones both almost impossible to miss with (so roughly the same accuracy as if I still had that 8th shot) but at much higher str and AP. Seemed a good tradeoff since I can now hunt more than one target.

For usage I am thinking similar to a dakka pred, just with some added utility against heavy infantry and tanks.

The issue, as is well known for sure, is the points which are waaaay too high for what it is. (sad panda).

The TL LC/HB sponson Predator is still one of the best multi-purpose Preds around. It basically fills the same role as a Dakka Predator (sacrificing one shot compared to the AC equipped Predator - but still can re-roll a miss), but it has the option of being able to take on a heavily armored target if it needs to.

No adjustments necessary.

…which you buy for too many points. This is the only point but it is one.

Which is a matter of opinion (based on how much antitank capability you feel you need). If you feel that your army needs that extra anti-tank capability, then it will be worth the points to you. If your army doesn't need the extra anti-tank capability, then it will be harder to justify the points.

Well I guess I am just going to have to field them and see how they do! Might be a few weeks before I have a chance to play a game, but I will try and get on and let you all know how they fared when I do. Figuring I will field them alongside 3 rifleman dreads (which I just finished the arms for) and leaving out my long fangs for a day (the horror!!!).

Archived