Space Marine Fighter Jets

redhorse

Hi all,

I'm just posting a little question that has been perplexing. In the first big battle scene featuring the blood angels against evil sunz orks, I spotted something out of place. There appears to be a small flyer, it looks like a fighter jet. It can be found, to the right of Nob raising his axe on the hill and in front of the lowest fling thunder hawk. See it??? What is that!! It doesn't look orky to me, and kind of has an interesting beak shape to its nose.

BTW I'm not sure if this should stay in the blood angles section or not, I figured it could since it's in our art work. But any way, I'd love for a general discussion to begin about Space Marine jet fighters if there are any.

Page reference?

Or do you mean the artwork piece used with the "Introduction"? (In which case those are Goffs...)

That particular piece has aircraft in the style of Imperial Navy cruiser/frigate space craft zooming around the place.

Page number, well it is the very first double page piece of artwork. It's not assigned a page number. Do you think that one tiny fighter is Orkish? I was thinking it was imperial, but then it looks like its painted red. What's a Goff, I thought that was an ork clan?

Well that sucks I thought I was onto something, though it has inspired me to make fighter and use it as for my blood angels. What air craft do we access to other than the SR, Storm Eagle and Casteuss Assault Ram? Or did I just spell it all out?

I see the Dakka jets quite plainly, but there is that one jet, that is not flying with the ork fighters. It's flying directly in front of the lowest thunderhawk towards us the reader. Any way, I don't know I could be completely off, but speculation is fun. It has inspired me to go pick up a couple of MK II Vipers from Battlestar and make them into Blood Angel Fighters of some kind.

Archived