Chaos Terminator weapon options

Seahawk

So this goes along with the other weapon option thread, though it's a bit different. Here's what the option says:

- Any Chaos Terminator may choose one of the following three options:

--- Replace his power weapon with one of the following [ccw]

--- Replace his combi-bolter with one of the following [combi-specials]

--- Replace his combi-bolter and power weapon with a pair of lightning claws

So...does this mean a model with a combi-special cannot take a different close combat weapon? Because I have an awful lot of combi-specials that will need arm rip-swaps if that's true. Unfortunately, that's what the wording seems to say. You may only choose one of the three options...which just plain sucks.

So this goes along with the other weapon option thread, though it's a bit different. Here's what the option says:

- Any Chaos Terminator may choose one of the following three options:

--- Replace his power weapon with one of the following [ccw]

--- Replace his combi-bolter with one of the following [combi-specials]

--- Replace his combi-bolter and power weapon with a pair of lightning claws

So...does this mean a model with a combi-special cannot take a different close combat weapon? Because I have an awful lot of combi-specials that will need arm rip-swaps if that's true. Unfortunately, that's what the wording seems to say. You may only choose one of the three options...which just plain sucks.

Ouch, that hurts. I guess you didn't magnetize, huh?

Unfortuate but true. However, it is probably for balance reasons. After all, Chaos Marine Terminators chock-a-block with options on a select few models can play naughty games and have some models as fodder to protect all the goodies.

They are so cheap though, so I guess it ain't all bad.

They're more expensive and worse than before. -_- Now Wolf Guard terminators are looking better and better...

At least I have metal terminators, so the arms are easy to swap. The heavy weapon troopers can keep their chainfists, so that's something. :/

Well, you can get 5 Terminators with Reaper Autocannon for 182pts, that's fairly cheap. With Veterans of the Long War you get a pretty good fighting unit in assaults against Space Marines, Ld 10 against all armies and still comining in cheaper than Space Marine Termintors without a Heavy Weapon. Add just a couple special weapons into the mix and a Chainfist (just in case) and you got a dangerous Terminator unit, particularly up close (how Terminators should be used) but with reasonable ranged power, all for a 219pts. That's miles better than regular Terminators.

But I do feel for you brother; you shouldn't have to hack your models to pieces for such a small reason.

It seems really odd especially considering Kelly is the same author for SW's and Chaos M's. Hopefully this is not a future trend. Better yet, hopefully it is FAQ'd. But as it reads for now it is what we will have to accept.

Idaho, I meant that they got worse than before. From 3.5 to 4, they went from 36 points each to 30 each for no stat change, and from 4 to 6 they went from 30 to 31 for a drop in Ld. Sure, compared to C:SM terminators they're still cheap, once you start adding in any useful upgrades, a 5 man squad of my liking tends to clock in at around 250ish.

Besides, regular terminators get ATSKNF and combat tactics, which is so much better than Ld10 and marine-hate.

Unfortuate but true. However, it is probably for balance reasons. After all, Chaos Marine Terminators chock-a-block with options on a select few models can play naughty games and have some models as fodder to protect all the goodies.

They are so cheap though, so I guess it ain't all bad.

Might very well be a typo or something. Hoping for a quick FAQ.

Archived