Tactical flexibility from codex rumors

Polythemus

Vehicles can't even contest objectives. If you use speeders, I wouldn't be too worried about rhinos giving first blood. Even with jink, there are so many things that can even glance them to death that they're usually the best targets for first blood. I actually really like how transports works in this edition. It's no longer sitting in a mobile bunker and shooting out the top but more use them to cross the table and get out to complete objectives.

Vehicles can't even contest objectives. If you use speeders, I wouldn't be too worried about rhinos giving first blood. Even with jink, there are so many things that can even glance them to death that they're usually the best targets for first blood. I actually really like how transports works in this edition. It's no longer sitting in a mobile bunker and shooting out the top but more use them to cross the table and get out to complete objectives.

Correct- poor choice of words on my part. If you park your vehicle on the object, then models must stay at least 1" away unless they are assaulting/locked in close combat. Even then... a Land Raider on top of an objective will keep your opponent from getting within 3" of the objective.

Or by parking a Rhino or some other vehicle in front of the objective, you force your opponent to attempt to destroy the vehicle or go around it. If he destroys it, it could be a difficult terrain test to go through the wreckage. While your opponent is now dealing with a Rhino... what is the rest of your army doing? The only drawback to this tactic is that you could be providing your opponent with a nice chunk of cover near an objective.

Archived