rebuilding the dark angels.

Warhead01

Firstly let me say hello again. I have been more or less at a stop with the hobby for a while now.

I have read some of the rumors regarding the upcoming codex dark angels and am planning the get as much of my army ready as I can before hand.

I have a very large amount of deathwing, some ravenwing and loads of marines in robes as well.

So it would seem that I shouldn't need much at all? I will need some vehicles and all that but I don't have any solid ideas for what I want this "project" to look like when its all done.

I have done the dark greens time and time again. What do you all think about black and grey as an option? I was thinking about some sort of throwback to the old rouge trader days.

I don't know what that will look like with robes though, well not yet any way.

Any thoughts or pointers would be welcome. I will do my best to post pic's as I start to get progress made.

I guess I will start with some kind of inventory of what I have to work with.

heres a small run down.

5 full tac squads. small command squad 5 dev (4plasma cannons) 1 assault jump squad 9 vets all for close combat

50+ deathwing... 1 dred and 1 chaplin dred. and some asorted heroes oh and 15 old beakies.

gallery_3442_7804_346591.jpg

gallery_3442_7804_393860.jpg

gallery_3442_7804_190975.jpg

gallery_3442_7804_677073.jpg

Still have to round up the ravenwingers..

I also have the new dark vengeance Dark Angels on the way..

I did a recount on the termies and found I am closer to 70... or in this cast 75 once the above arrives,,,

I so far have 6 bikes and an attack bike. located. I have also found a pile of scouts.. are they of any use?

T an thinking about re-basing the army. I can do that fairly quickly. once I get them cast.

Sadly the only extra heavy weapons I have come across are 2 more plasma cannons and another heavy bolter.

I did find a missile launcher.

The ravenwing are rounded up! looks like 2 full squads!

This leads me to wonder how and if the formation will change in the new codex..

So far the only thing I am lacking would be transports and other heavy armour.. well I did locate 2 landraider crusaders, needing a lot of work.

I have been thinking about this all morning. once I have some models selected, I will make an oath. :P

I have been looking at the GW site. they have a vet box set and a command frame. aren't they the same thing?

I may need a few more warm bodies to flush out my devistators.

I now have all my paint rounded up! as well as pilfering 2 preditors and a rhino!

I have been thinking about this all morning. once I have some models selected, I will make an oath. :P

I have been looking at the GW site. they have a vet box set and a command frame. aren't they the same thing?

I may need a few more warm bodies to flush out my devistators.

I now have all my paint rounded up! as well as pilfering 2 preditors and a rhino!

The Command Sprue is the sprue with the Apothecary, Company Champion and Standard Bearer bits on.

That way, you can assemble a vets box as Company Veterans or a Command Squad.

Cheers,

WW

Thank you. I had already ordered... I recall something about getting enough parts for 10 marines, but that was a while back most likely over a year ago.

Dose anyone have any thoughts on scouts?

I have a large amount of plasma cannons around but I don't think that will be the best option. Tac squads don't seem very straight forward.

Scouts can be useful, but only in limited instances. I myself have only really run them as a 5-man squad with 4 bolters and 1 heavy bolter, infiltrating them into cover and using them to fire away at enemies on objectives. Using a squad that's close combat oriented and outflanking them could definitely help, I might try a unit like this eventually as well.

It's been a good week. Firstly I received a box that had the Dark Angels form the Dark Vengeance box set! and all 3 of my command frames as well!

I wish I had a solid desire to paint my army traditional green. But I am still on the fence about my color choices.

I have also had thoughts of drafting my space wolves contemptor into the the service of the first legion.

Up in the air on that as well.

As a small side note I hadn't given any thought to the GW paint line change until today. I have no Idea what they have done. Wheres the Dark Angels green...?

Started to rebuild the MoD. looking at what is his best build?

Archived