Lord of Entropy

So, as some of you may know, I've been sick for nearly a week now and it has been killing me. The only small comfort was the opportunity to occasionally skim through the chaos codex, which I now hold the beauty in my lap, as I type. That being said, among the many things that I have loved about this codex is the artwork. The artwork is absolutely stunning, almost all of it being new, rich with character and carnage, and the few old ones they do use are amazing anyway. One in particular really caught my eye. Many of you may recognize this fine fellow as the art piece for the chaos lord entry in the codex. For those of you who don't have the codex, I am referring to this fine fellow.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/Z_zps9c39271d.png

Now, I don't know if its the artwork, the sickness, or me just being an absolute fan of Father Nurgle, but, I absolutely had to make a model of this guy. This was an absolute flurry of modeling. He took me about two hours to make and I'm extremely happy with how he came out. He's not exactly the same but, I like to think I added my own little flare. Let me know what you guys think.

(Sorry for the terrible camera work)

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000134_zpsbc57f49c.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000137_zps918e4279.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000140_zps748ef07d.jpg

As always, enjoy guys. Hope you like him as much as I loved making him. :P

I always enjoy seeing models that people base of artwork. I think you have done a good job of capturing the essence of papa nurgle there. Especially in the face! Now he just needs a lick of paint :P

That's actually a good point, Syth. The only thing is, I've been trying to figure out what I want to paint him and my plague marines as. I've been sorta debating between

The Cleaved

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m440893_cleaved.jpg

or

The Lords of Decay

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/95/lordsofdecayvraks2.jpg

I just haven't really decided yet. What do you guys think?

CAST YOUR VOTES, TODAY!

"Call with all your soul, little one.

Call and we shall answer."

That's probably the coolest quote in the entire chaos codex, not going to lie. It also kind of makes you think. When I read it, it makes me think of the Cleaved as a very noble and benevolent chapter, that comes to the aid of the weak to defend them. Think about it, an army of massive, hulking warriors forged in plague and darkness, who call the to cries of the 'innocent' to save them. It brings out the image in my head of a plague marine kneeling ever so kindly before a little girl, extending out his hand.

I love that.

He ran towards the screaming.

Brother Sergeant Castus Hurdled over the toppled column, his cloven hooved ceramite boots cratering the brittle tile beneath him with each step. Despite his massive bulk, he moved faster than any mortal could, charging through the crumbling ruins of the Govenor's spire as his brothers cleansed the capital of Magma Cordelian of the pitiless savages. He came to a skidding halt as he reached the edge of a balcony at the end of the hallway, his one good eye scanning over the ruins below. There he saw a woman, her cheek marked with the star of the pantheon, as she sprinted across the crated atrium. At her heels, were several of the savages, their human formers masked beneath bulky armour and confining gas masks. But this was not the cause of the screaming... He looked over once more to the woman far below and saw that she carried something in her arms, a child. She looked no older than 4 planetary cycles, her innocent features destroyed by tears and pain as she wailed.

Castus felt the anger seeth inside his chest and wiped the back of his gauntlet across his cheek. The blacked tears continued to roll from his eye despite his efforts. Did this barbarians know no shame?...

With a heavy grunt, the marine vaulted from the balcony and fell gracelessly from his hunter's perch. His landing was just as graceless, his massive hulk slamming into the ground between the woman and her pursuers, shattering tiles and rockcrete as he created a massive crater in the earth. Dust flew up in massive clouds, choking the immediate air around him and obscuring the savages' vision. The only thing they saw were glowing eyes of blood red as the thing of nightmare flew upon him. Castus roared out in fury as his bolter bucked with each pull of the trigger, the ancient machine spirit of his trusted weapon add its own howl to the chorus. Three of the mortals died before they could even react, their mortal flesh bursting into pink mist as chunks of meat collided to the floor with a wet slap. It did not take long for the others to figure it out, raising up their pathetic lasguns in panic and pouring their lasbolts into the storm of dust.

Castus did nothing but laughed, not even bothering to move as bolts of red energy collided with his armour and punctured into the exposed flesh of his body. He did not feel a thing. In one fluid motion, he lept forward, bolter roaring and chainsword revving before carving into the first of his prey. Black inchor spat from the chainsword as he sliced through the first mortal, hacking with graceless ease as he cut each down with individual strikes. They could do nothing but die as humans must, screaming in agony as he hacked them to pieces and fell to the floor in piles of their own blood. The warrior did stop until one was left, a single mortal left collapsed upon the floor as as his fingers fumbled with the golden aquilla token in his hand. Castus chuckled softly, slowly sheathing his blade before walking over to the human. He scooped up the guardsman with his one free hand, gazing into the fear and terror in his eyes through the lenses of his gas mask. "T-the Emperor.... P-protects the innocent..." The mortal sputtered out, gasping for air as the Space Marine strangled him.

"No, savage. I do."

And with an all too familiar crunch, Castus snapped the guardsman's neck and let the lifeless corpse fall from his hand. He did nothing for a moment, standing in silence as he listened to the thunder of battle that went on outside the citadel. He turned at the sound of movement behind him, casually turning to see the woman and her child standing there in awe of the warrior that had just saved him. Castus smiled beneath his vox grill, walking away from the carnage that lay before him and moved towards the exit where he would meet his brothers. "You should find somewhere safe to hide."

That's probably the coolest quote in the entire chaos codex, not going to lie. It also kind of makes you think. When I read it, it makes me think of the Cleaved as a very noble and benevolent chapter, that comes to the aid of the weak to defend them.

Yeah this is a fantastic concept, I've been mulling this over too. Well-intentioned plaguemarines aren't a far-out idea really. Papa nurgle loves you all. In fact he wants to share his gifts with you...

That's probably the coolest quote in the entire chaos codex, not going to lie. It also kind of makes you think. When I read it, it makes me think of the Cleaved as a very noble and benevolent chapter, that comes to the aid of the weak to defend them.

Yeah this is a fantastic concept, I've been mulling this over too. Well-intentioned plaguemarines aren't a far-out idea really. Papa nurgle loves you all. In fact he wants to share his gifts with you...

I infect you because I love you, my child.

Uh, Noctis Cornix? Could you please head over to the librarium and write more of this? Your 'heroic' Plague Marine tale was fantastic.

And that mini is looking good too!

Dont be so hard on yourself. your story is excellent. if you see the errors correct them. till then work on your cleaved with some paint like we talked about and continue expanding on your writing. I look forward to seeing what you do.

I've written a lot of fluff for my warbands over the years, but seldom share it. I have to say that, with some very minor editing (and just for technical errors) this is a solid piece. Very engaging, and leaves me wanting more (which isn't a bad thing). I also write my plaguemarines as not being mindless zombies in space. Sure there are those that have been completely consumed, mentally, but they are mostly in the minority (and usually fall in battle).

Archived