Cypher Spotted!

Darmor

Most of the text in the character sheet is standard Cypher fluff: his look, the Sword of the Lion, the pattern of his movement toward Terra, etc. The final paragraph, though, implies pretty strongly what product he's supposed to be in:

"Cypher's interest in the Hellfire Stone is unknown, and it is very likely that few will remember seeing this sinister character in the battlefield. What is certain is that participation, however brief, will mark the fate of the battle."

Pardon the crappy Google Translate translation. <_<

Last lne states "Son of Dorn" !! ..... :huh: :o :mellow:

SG

I believe thats the tag/name of the blogger/poster, not part of the text regarding Cypher.

Edit - Check that, it is the name of the guy who posted the info, its at the top of the article too - "Posted by Son of Dorn at 10/06/2012 02:53:00 PM".

Last lne states "Son of Dorn" !! ..... B) :o :mellow:

SG

I believe thats the tag/name of the blogger/poster, not part of the text regarding Cypher.

Edit - Check that, it is the name of the guy who posted the info, its at the top of the article too - "Posted by Son of Dorn at 10/06/2012 02:53:00 PM".

Yup, thanks..... I was rushing.... and suddenly thought what the h*#l does Cypher have to do with being a son of Dorn? :huh: :o :o My mistake! :huh:

SG

My problem with this is that the sword has stats, meaning that he uses it. Cypher is said to never draw is weapon on the battlefield. So either his sword isn't The Lion Sword, or they've changed his fluff.

My problem with this is that the sword has stats, meaning that he uses it. Cypher is said to never draw is weapon on the battlefield. So either his sword isn't The Lion Sword, or they've changed his fluff.

Those are the stats for his C'tan Phase Knife, not the Lion Sword.

Cheers,

WW

I wouldn't really be jumping the gun calling him so called "Traitor" when it was the Lion who made him who is today. He gave him the Office Title Cypher. Plus from Fallen Angels, he was the last survivor from another faction that opposed the Lion on his crusade destroying all the beast prior of the Emperor/Imperium coming. He was so good Escape and Evasion that he spared his life after the Lion found out he went so far infiltrating the Knights of Caliban. Cypher is simply is the Keeper of Traditions, that is job. It had alot to do with the Imperium replacing their way of life, traditions of Knights of Caliban with their own. What he does I believe is tied to the Lion himself for the most part.

Somebody posted that these stats were made up by GW Spain for some special Dark Vengeance scenario event (perhaps as a counter to Interrogator-Chaplin Seraphicus). I wouldn't take them to be official at all.

But, somebody else posted a translation of some of the text saying that these stats will only be usable for 2 months....which oddly enough lines up withe release of C: DA, so perhaps Cypher will be in our codex, or will be a WD article released alongside of it.

Somebody posted that these stats were made up by GW Spain for some special Dark Vengeance scenario event (perhaps as a counter to Interrogator-Chaplin Seraphicus). I wouldn't take them to be official at all.

Well if they were produced by GW then there is no doubting their being 'official' rules in any way. They were produced for a largely Spanish tournament, have a limited life of 2 months, and are unlikely to be recognised elsewhere other than Spain.

I also strongly doubt Cypher (as a named character with any type of rules) will ever make it into a DA codex –– why would he? If anywhere he'd be in the Chaos Codex leading renegade IG, chaos marines, cultists or Fallen DA.

I see these as interesting in the 'novelty' value they bring -- the rules and stats are interesting in many ways, especially the C'Tan knife (which isn't the Lion Sword as that never gets used) –- and also in the fact that Cypher is still in GWs consciousness as a current character in 40K.

I'm with Shabadoo on this one as relates to his second paragraph. I think you're getting an accurate indication on what his future, official, stats will be (and they're impressive!).

If these were official rules, maybe they represent GW conducting some kind of test to gauge his popularity, or they were trying to find some way to fit him into the current game. Cypher is a character that has a long story behind him and can be such an integral part of the 40k universe, I don't know why GW is waiting to give us something tangible.

Archived