Cypher Spotted!

Darmor

That's got to be a knock-off one time special event.

This character is only valid in Spain for 2 months after the publication date (September 2012). If you want to use him in a non-GW event, consult the TO for permission

If ya'll think back to other one off scenarios and special games GW has done through the years, they always take a character and pump him up.

I can't imagine this being the real Cypher- those stats are better then 90% of all the Special Characters in the game right now.

This adds just one more little piece into the Dark Angels puzzle that the codex may drop in November, and that rules for Cypher and the Fallen will be in it. :P

Well if they were produced by GW then there is no doubting their being 'official' rules in any way. They were produced for a largely Spanish tournament, have a limited life of 2 months, and are unlikely to be recognised elsewhere other than Spain.

Or a public test bed for an upcoming White Dwarf? One can only hope for cool stuff :lol:

Faeit always finds the inside line in situations like this. However, the rumor that cypher was going to be included in the Dark Vengeance starter set? I've not heard that one before. Of course he'll never reveal his sources, but I'd love to know where that rumor got started.

His stats may be better than most characters, but the bottom line is he has no invulnerable save and has neither ATSKNF nor Fearless. So, bearing that in mind... how would you price him in points?

I'm thinking that Hit & Run negates the whole fearless concept since they would be in conflict with each-other. And stat-wise he fits somewhere just around Abandon the Despoiler, Cyphers only weakness compared to Abandon stats being his A & W. So 200+ points would not be unrealistic.

You guys are so funny! It's the Spanish version of Cypher in Codex Chaos from back in 2nd edition jazzed up a little at best!

I'm actually disappointed so many of you guys missed it - for shame!

:lol:

The fact that they're not actually the same must have thrown some of us... :whistling:

They're close but the Initiative and armour are different (lower Initiative, better armour), as are the rules (its not even a case of them being updated to 6E equivalents, they're totally different).

I'm with Shabadoo on this one as relates to his second paragraph. I think you're getting an accurate indication on what his future, official, stats will be (and they're impressive!).

No, these stats were made up by GW Spain to balance out a Dark Vengeance scenario. We know that would take a bit more than the usual single model to do so, seeing as the discrepency between the DA and Chaos is rather noticeable even without I-C Seraphicus added in. This Cypher's stats are suitably jacked up to make up the difference, and no, I don't think that is an accurate portrayal of what any 6E Cypher will be like.

Cypher would be easy to fit into the new Codex:DA. Has a line in the description "If your army includes Cypher, it is assumed to represent an element of the Fallen.", and a special rule that if your army contains Cypher, it can contain no other DA special character, no Deathwing and no Ravenwing, but maybe gets some other buff.

You guys are so funny! It's the Spanish version of Cypher in Codex Chaos from back in 2nd edition jazzed up a little at best!

I'm actually disappointed so many of you guys missed it - for shame!

;)

Umm... in the post above yours...

If ya'll think back to other one off scenarios and special games GW has done through the years, they always take a character and pump him up.

;)

Isn't one of the current rumors for the new DA codex that there's a character who doesn't allow Guard as an ally? Maybe it's Cypher and maybe he's in fact in our codex this time around...

Or perhaps the rumour is the wrong way round and if you take him you can ONLY ally with guard, which would be more fluffy.

DM

Or perhaps the rumour is the wrong way round and if you take him you can ONLY ally with guard, which would be more fluffy.

Well after the audio book Malediction, this could be an option. He doesn't seem to be a Chaos follower in this incarnation.

Edit: messed up quote. Had to clean up.

Archived