Juggernaught Lord (need advice asap)

Hello fellow Skulltakers. With the new Codex now out, I have a question/rules advice I need help with before I can assemble my list for tomorrow's games. Seeing as Juggernaughts are now considered a cavalry unit instead of heavy infantry, how would one go about putting a Juggerlord in a group? I'm having trouble finding an answer in the rulebook about whether or not a Cavalry IC can join infantry. I had a problem fielding my Juggerlord in the last edition due to not having a reliable way of getting him to combat... I could see sending him with a Zerker Blob being that he is now an extremely dangerous force all on his own, but he is not unstoppable. Lascannons and weathering fire will still get him. Whats the ruling on this?

He's great with bikes! Or as a single hunter in mech so it can get that cover and get out of LoS.

Now the only problem I have with the steed is that we actually have Terminator armour and with a stead a lord is still quite killable and can get expensive fast.

Then again it's great for modelling purposes.

Was there a faq saying he can't take both? It's listed under a wargear section called Chaos Rewards, and those are available to him once he buy Termie armour. Granted he is a huge point sink (some 220 for what I wrote up), he is thankfully more defensible now.

Was there a faq saying he can't take both? It's listed under a wargear section called Chaos Rewards, and those are available to him once he buy Termie armour. Granted he is a huge point sink (some 220 for what I wrote up), he is thankfully more defensible now.

He can't look at the (2) after the steed options.

When they thake a steed, there is no option for Terminator armour or Jump packs.

Cheers,

Nice catch. I would have totally trampled someone in an hour with that by accident hah. Ill have to rework him quick. Wishing I could figure a way to get him fleshmetal. The sigil gives him a 4+ Invuln.

Good luck!

Another option is giving him a Spawn bodyguard?

I actually had no thought of that. That'd make him really slow. But they do have plenty of wounds to eat for him. Ill probably have him footslog with some Termies. Or have them deepstrike and meet up with them. I ended up giving him the Axe of Blind Fury hoping he'll be able to chew up most things in cqc. The guys have Power Axes (from 5th Edition), but I sometimes run them as a PWs with consent. I'll post a battle report later if I can remember accurately. Thanks for the help. Ill try to shift the 40 points elsewhere. Maybe bolster his Guards a bit. Thanks again!

I actually had no thought of that. That'd make him really slow.
Spawn are Beasts, which have the same movement bonuses as Cavalry (as well as Move Through Cover), so it shouldn't, unless I'm missing something (not used to new rules yet). The spawn bodyguard does sound like a good way to get fast meatshields for a super-choppy lord. Sad they didn't let us pay through the nose for putting a cult unit on steeds, though.

Spawn are Beasts, which have the same movement bonuses as Cavalry (as well as Move Through Cover), so it shouldn't, unless I'm missing something (not used to new rules yet). The spawn bodyguard does sound like a good way to get fast meatshields for a super-choppy lord. Sad they didn't let us pay through the nose for putting a cult unit on steeds, though.

Ah well, the Space Dogs have a Viking on a Wolf and some wolfs, we have a Butcher on a Rhino and some funky chickens.

DEAL WITH IT

Ah well, the Space Dogs have a Viking on a Wolf and some wolfs, we have a Butcher on a Rhino and some funky chickens.

DEAL WITH IT

That actually made me laugh. I may actually get some spawns. I did not know they were beasts. I still think of them as the crappy weird gribbly things from 5th edition dex.

The lord himself did sub par to my expectations. He got to combat, killed a 5 man Sternguard squad. Then Lysander dropped in and the Daemon Prince tied him up till games end. The Berzerkers did the most damage out of all.

I was originally thinking of doing some baseline Daemon Allies, and a pack of Bloodcrushers to go with him. Im curious how I would be able to do that deployment though... Most armies you could start them grouped with, but Daemons have to do their sneaky deep strike business... Does that include allied formations as well I wonder?

On the subject of Spawn i'm thinking Fleshhounds are the ideal proxy.

Juggers are a cool idea to!

That's actually a really cool idea. The Chaos Lord is mounted on a (relatively) tamed Juggernaut, while his Spawn "bodyguard" are actually Juggernauts without riders. Might give this idea a go myself ;)

On the subject of Spawn i'm thinking Fleshhounds are the ideal proxy.

Juggers are a cool idea to!

That's actually a really cool idea. The Chaos Lord is mounted on a (relatively) tamed Juggernaut, while his Spawn "bodyguard" are actually Juggernauts without riders. Might give this idea a go myself :D

Sounds incredibly thematic and rather awesome!

Just don't give the spawn mark of khorne. They have rage already and get counter attack for free from the lord:)

Tell your opponent that Khorne has made them frothing extra mad and that they therefore count as mark of slaneesh (seriously, maybe the best mark on spawns IMO, as them striking at Init 4 is quite, quite nice)

Just don't give the spawn mark of khorne. They have rage already and get counter attack for free from the lord:)

Tell your opponent that Khorne has made them frothing extra mad and that they therefore count as mark of slaneesh (seriously, maybe the best mark on spawns IMO, as them striking at Init 4 is quite, quite nice)

Markless is good enough you guys. Keep it cheap and cutty.

But yeah one could give them another mark, imho, don't do it. MoK is useless on them, that's true so keep it undivided/undecided.

Markless is good enough you guys. Keep it cheap and cutty.

But yeah one could give them another mark, imho, don't do it. MoK is useless on them, that's true so keep it undivided/undecided.

Wh, fair enough. I dont think its very unfluffy if you say your spawns are infested with berserker fits of fury and therefore foams and gurgle in eccentric ways and happens to flail around those tentacles extra fast :)

But I fully respect that some think differently (my people are lenient on counts as, as long as I tell them what it is and give a description etc.)

But sure, they are still good as markless.

...And then your Khorne Lord won't be able to join the squad. Leave them unmarked :rolleyes:

...And then your Khorne Lord won't be able to join the squad. Leave them unmarked :D

Lol... Sterling point that for sure ^_^

Im seriously considering repurposing my flesh hounds/Khorne Dogs, as Spawn and give them some use. Ive never once fielded them since their first game. About how many Spawn do you guys suggest I sent with my Lord? I was thinking 3 or 4 but maybe thats too much?

Archived